Zennie62Media note: Zennie62Media has been credentialed to cover CES 2019 Las Vegas for the 10th year in a row. If you want to make sure that your press release and news about what you’re doing at CES is seen, we’re here to help. For inquiries on sponsoring CES 2019 Las Vegas coverage, email Zennie Abraham at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @zennie62
HERZOGENAURACH, Germany (press release) – CES Las Vegas, The Consumer Electronics Show, has long morphed from a rather regional trade show for consumer electronics into the world’s leading high tech show. Schaeffler is in a process of transformation as well in that the current automotive and industrial supplier is now developing proprietary mobility solutions.
“The mobility world of tomorrow will be as diverse as the people that desire to be mobile,” says Prof. Peter Gutzmer, Deputy CEO and Chief Technology Officer at Schaeffler. “Three concept vehicles – including a world premiere – and other smart system solutions that Schaeffler presents its innovation prowess with here at CES show how particularly personal, zero-emissions as well as autonomous and connected mobility for transporting people and goods is able to continue to evolve in urban areas.”
At Schaeffler, this transformation takes place as part of “Agenda 4 plus One,” a forward-thinking program with which the company is making itself fit for the future, with a special focus on electric mobility, digital transformation and Industry 4.0 (aka Industrial IoT and smart factories).
Bio-Hybrid by Schaeffler at CES 2019: world premiere of a new form of personal urban mobility
Schaeffler Bio-Hybrid GmbH that belongs to the Schaeffler Group will present two versions of its near-production Bio-Hybrid – a new, contemporary form of personal urban mobility and means of transportation. Due to its four wheels, the concept delivers exceptional driving stability. The roof and windshield make it independent of weather conditions and therefore suitable for year-round use. It is hardly wider than a normal bicycle and can be operated with zero emissions on bicycle paths as well. The electric motor assists the operator – like on a pedelec – up to a speed of 25 km/h. The Bio-Hybrid will be launched on the market in 2020 in the Cargo and Passenger versions.
Schaeffler Mover at CES 2019: sustainable, flexible, connected
The Schaeffler Mover offers a flexible, zero-emissions platform for diverse vehicle concepts. All the drive and suspension components of a wheel are installed in a space-saving unit, the Schaeffler Intelligent Corner Module. The 90-degree steering angle provides the Schaeffler Mover with unique maneuverability in smallest spaces. “Space Drive,” the leading “drive-by-wire” technology for autonomous vehicles from Schaeffler Paravan GmbH & Co. KG, replaces mechanical control systems by electronic cable-transmitted impulses. Another advantage of the Schaeffler Mover is its connectivity enabling on-demand solutions to complement local public transportation systems.
Schaeffler 4ePerformance demonstrates the fascination exuded by electric mobility
In the form of the 4ePerformance concept vehicle, Schaeffler has put a particularly fascinating ambassador of electric mobility on wheels that will be another highlight at Schaeffler’s CES booth. The Schaeffler 4ePerformance provides a good example of the technology transfer from motor racing into a near-production drive concept.
The fully electric Schaeffler vehicle is propelled by four Formula e motors delivering a total power output of 880 kW (1,200 hp). They have been adopted from the ABT Schaeffler FE01 Formula E race car and, like the power electronics in the concept, were developed by Schaeffler’s subsidiary Compact Dynamics, which shows that electric mobility has nothing to do with sacrificing driving pleasure.
Sustainable mobility for the city of the future
Above and beyond the concept vehicles, the automotive and industrial supplier will present innovative exhibits as examples of a whole range of complementary electric solutions that make the internal combustion engine fit for sustainable, customer-focused mobility for the city of the future. They include e-axles, 48-volt systems and hybrid powertrains. These solutions that Schaeffler is developing with the know-how from the conventional powertrain enable fast, efficient and cost-effective integration into existing vehicle concepts. “Coming from individual products, Schaeffler is evolving into a company that offers total technology solutions,” emphasizes Matthias Zink, Automotive CEO at Schaeffler.
Visit Schaeffler at CES, Central Plaza, Booth 25.
You will be able to watch the press conference live on January 6th, 2019, at 1:00 pm (GMT-8) at http://schaeffler.gomexlive.com/
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 41 Points in 30 Minutes?! Stephen Curry Got Buckets on Warriors Ground | Oct. 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Greg Olson Play Calling Produce 1st Quarter Results? By Joseph Armendariz October 16, 2021
- Stephen Curry with an AMAZING Dribbling Move! | Oct. 15, 2021 vs. Trail Blazers October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Ziggy Stardust” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Pretty In Pink” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “American Girl” October 15, 2021
- 49ers Friday: Bye Week Special October 15, 2021
- Steph & Curtis’s Pregame Routine is BACK! | #shorts October 15, 2021
- Peralta College Board Unanimously Extends Chancellor Jannett Jackson’s Contract October 15, 2021
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- Who will be the next Raiders coach in Week 6? | NFL NEWS TODAY October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Denver Broncos Game Preview October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Morning Show: The Positives With The Team October 15, 2021
- Stephen Schear Runs For Mayor Of Oakland, But Who The Hell Is He? October 15, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, NFL, CFB, NHL, WNBA Finals, Golf, NASCAR, NBA PF Ranks, News & Notes, Best Bet/Fab 5 October 15, 2021
- 49ers Trade Rumors: Trade For Brandin Cooks, Greedy Williams? Asante Samuel Jr Draft MISS | Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor Runs For California Assembly Seat October 15, 2021