SAVE THE ALLEY OAKLAND FUNDRAISER REACHES $75,000 GOAL ONE WEEK AFTER GOFUNDME PAGE WAS MADE
From YouTube Channel: December 24, 2020 at 02:45PM
ONN – SAVE THE ALLEY OAKLAND FUNDRAISER REACHES $75,000 GOAL ONE WEEK AFTER GOFUNDME PAGE WAS MADE
Yep. The effort to raise $75,000 to Save The Alley just topped $75,000 and is now at $75,425 as of 2:39 PM EST.
The group team and page created by Brian Seet, the Piano Player at The Alley at 3325 Grand Avenue in Oakland, California, worked beyond expectations.
I have not yet reached out to my friend Jackie Simpkins, The Owner of The Alley, for her reaction, but what a nice Christmas gift.
The Alley was battered by the impact of The Pandemic and shelter-in-place-without-compensation policies. Jackie was just weeks from closing for good.
On the page for The Save The Alley GoFundMe fundraiser, Brian Seet, The Alley’s Piano Player, wrote this:
WE DID IT! THANKS TO YOU!!!!! At about 11:04AM PST this morning, we SMASHED through our Phase 1 goal of $75,000. This funding will guarantee The Alley’s monthly expenses through winter and spring. We did this in an ASTOUNDING 7 DAYS!!! CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!
In talking with Jackie (owner of the Alley) a few days ago, she was completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and love you all have for The Alley. Perhaps because it’s Christmas Eve, this spirit of support, giving and rallying community reminds me of that scene in “It’s a Wonderful Life” where George Bailey, after being at the end of his rope but ultimately realizes how much one man, with friends, can change the world, he comes home after his “dark night of the soul” experience and is greeted by his Bedford Falls community who pull out all the stops to help him out. In this case, George Bailey is The Alley and the community is YOU who have reached down deep in these difficult times and have come to its rescue. That scene at the end always gets me. Always…
Be heart warmed and proud! Your contributions are a huge gift to Oakland, The Bay Area not to mention future generations. You’re helping preserve a unique venue and a very rare American tradition. You are part of an inspiring story with a message of hope, community, and good news of which there hasn’t been much lately. You have made a difference in a world in which we haven’t had much control lately. The last verse of “The Oakland Song” goes: “She has pride, she has hope, And oh what a view, Oakland, we’re for you. Oakland, we’re for you!”. It says “Oakland,” but right now, as a symbol of hope and pride, it should read “Alley, we’re for you!”.
Though we’ve reached this HUGE milestone that will assure that The Alley can keep the bills paid through this dark winter we’re still in, The Alley is facing renovations costs to meet health code requirements that could prevent its reopening. Your dedicated fundraising team is working with Jackie to understand the funding needed, implications on The Alley’s heritage status, as well as timeline to get this work done, since starting the any work would ideally start and finish during this closure. The initial estimates are $100k so for now, we’ll be keeping this GoFundMe campaign open to provide a place to collect funding for those costs so please continue to spread the word and contribute however and whenever you can! And look out for more details about “Phase 2” from our fundraising team very soon!
LASTLY, please thank each of the fundraising team members for their passion, dedication and contributions. This would not be possible without them: Rachel Howard, Dave Schweisguth, Rachel Goodman, Colin Cahill, Colin Hicks, Joe Costa, Angelique Alexander, Gretchen Hellman, Jon Bartlett, Sepee Zabala, Adele Bidet, Tom Silva, Ashley Ryan, Annie Wilson, Tom Silva, Bryan Dyer, Nancy Smith.
Thank you for being on this continuing journey with us!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 pt.2 October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Seminary, Leona Heights, Upper Dimond, Laurel, Allendale, Maxwell Park October 19, 2021
- Bike the sunrise in Oakland, San Leandro & Alameda October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Broadway, Broadway Heights, Down Monterey October 19, 2021
- Bike Oakland: Up Monterey, Down Park October 19, 2021
- Oakland Sideshow SEP. 2021 October 19, 2021
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021
- Every Touchdown Scored In Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Bills vs. Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 4th Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 3rd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Train hauling corrosive acid derails at Port of Oakland October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 4th-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 2nd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 3rd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 2nd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- Oakland Hills Firestorm Community Comeback Film Photos with Olympus OM 2n on Kodak Gold October 18, 2021
- 🏈 LIVE| Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans – 2021 NFL Game Week 6 October 18, 2021
- Reacting to the Las Vegas Raiders’ first game without Jon Gruden | KJM October 18, 2021
- The Silver and Black Respond With Impressive Win in Denver | Raiders Gameday | NFL October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Ex Players Who Played For Gruden Speak About Jon Gruden By Eric Pangilinan October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- 1 Otp = ₹156🔴LIVE | New Earning Apps 2021 | Free Paytm Cash Daily Earn ₹1560 |Best Earning App October 18, 2021
- Gabby Petito’s heartbroken family make desperate plea in search for justice | 60 Minutes Australia October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 1st Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- “SHOW I.D. OR GET OUT!!” SAN FRANCISCO FEDERAL BUILDING FIRST AMENDMENT October 18, 2021
- NFL Trade Rumors On Odell Beckham, Von Miller, Saquon Barkley, Jimmy Garoppolo + Dak Prescott Injury October 18, 2021
- Bye Bye New England! INSANE Ending Cowboys vs. Patriots October 18, 2021
- Nation’s Top Cannabis Companies Partner to Deliver Point of Purchase Data on Cannabis Products to Consumers, Manufacturers October 18, 2021