SAVE THE ALLEY OAKLAND FUNDRAISER REACHES $75,000 GOAL ONE WEEK AFTER GOFUNDME PAGE WAS MADE
From YouTube Channel: December 24, 2020 at 02:45PM
ONN – SAVE THE ALLEY OAKLAND FUNDRAISER REACHES $75,000 GOAL ONE WEEK AFTER GOFUNDME PAGE WAS MADE
Yep. The effort to raise $75,000 to Save The Alley just topped $75,000 and is now at $75,425 as of 2:39 PM EST.
The group team and page created by Brian Seet, the Piano Player at The Alley at 3325 Grand Avenue in Oakland, California, worked beyond expectations.
I have not yet reached out to my friend Jackie Simpkins, The Owner of The Alley, for her reaction, but what a nice Christmas gift.
The Alley was battered by the impact of The Pandemic and shelter-in-place-without-compensation policies. Jackie was just weeks from closing for good.
On the page for The Save The Alley GoFundMe fundraiser, Brian Seet, The Alley’s Piano Player, wrote this:
WE DID IT! THANKS TO YOU!!!!! At about 11:04AM PST this morning, we SMASHED through our Phase 1 goal of $75,000. This funding will guarantee The Alley’s monthly expenses through winter and spring. We did this in an ASTOUNDING 7 DAYS!!! CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!
In talking with Jackie (owner of the Alley) a few days ago, she was completely overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and love you all have for The Alley. Perhaps because it’s Christmas Eve, this spirit of support, giving and rallying community reminds me of that scene in “It’s a Wonderful Life” where George Bailey, after being at the end of his rope but ultimately realizes how much one man, with friends, can change the world, he comes home after his “dark night of the soul” experience and is greeted by his Bedford Falls community who pull out all the stops to help him out. In this case, George Bailey is The Alley and the community is YOU who have reached down deep in these difficult times and have come to its rescue. That scene at the end always gets me. Always…
Be heart warmed and proud! Your contributions are a huge gift to Oakland, The Bay Area not to mention future generations. You’re helping preserve a unique venue and a very rare American tradition. You are part of an inspiring story with a message of hope, community, and good news of which there hasn’t been much lately. You have made a difference in a world in which we haven’t had much control lately. The last verse of “The Oakland Song” goes: “She has pride, she has hope, And oh what a view, Oakland, we’re for you. Oakland, we’re for you!”. It says “Oakland,” but right now, as a symbol of hope and pride, it should read “Alley, we’re for you!”.
Though we’ve reached this HUGE milestone that will assure that The Alley can keep the bills paid through this dark winter we’re still in, The Alley is facing renovations costs to meet health code requirements that could prevent its reopening. Your dedicated fundraising team is working with Jackie to understand the funding needed, implications on The Alley’s heritage status, as well as timeline to get this work done, since starting the any work would ideally start and finish during this closure. The initial estimates are $100k so for now, we’ll be keeping this GoFundMe campaign open to provide a place to collect funding for those costs so please continue to spread the word and contribute however and whenever you can! And look out for more details about “Phase 2” from our fundraising team very soon!
LASTLY, please thank each of the fundraising team members for their passion, dedication and contributions. This would not be possible without them: Rachel Howard, Dave Schweisguth, Rachel Goodman, Colin Cahill, Colin Hicks, Joe Costa, Angelique Alexander, Gretchen Hellman, Jon Bartlett, Sepee Zabala, Adele Bidet, Tom Silva, Ashley Ryan, Annie Wilson, Tom Silva, Bryan Dyer, Nancy Smith.
Thank you for being on this continuing journey with us!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership