ONN – San Francisco Bay Area Indie Bookstores Unite To Survive COVID-19 Via New Media
This is another Oakland News Now YouTube video find called “San Francisco Bay Area Indie Bookstores Unite to Survive COVID: Breakthrough Strategies”, and on the GlobusBooks SF YouTube Channel. The bookstore reported the following:
San Francisco bookstore owners, managers and writers join forces to find the way to beat the health crisis and keep the cultural tradition going. Q&A, practical suggestions and a killer idea. Join us with ideas and contact us if you want to help support your independent bookstore industry.
Kater Razo started her first bookshop, Phoenix Books, in 1985 at the age of 24. She has since had five bookshops in 8 different locations. Currently, she runs Dog Eared Books at 900 Valencia, Alley Cat Books, in the Calle24 Latino Cultural District, at 3036 24th Street and Dog Eared Books-Castro, at 489 Castro Street. She also paints portraits (KateRazo.com) and raises her family.
Joel and Toni Eis are the owners of Rebound Bookstore in downtown San Rafael. Rebound Bookstore has been in operation for 15 years and is a general collection used bookstore (some new books, mainly local authors) with approximately 35,000 items in the store. Rebound Bookstore does cultural events in the store and makes it available for workshops, special talks, etc. Rebound Books is “the biggest little bookstore in the universe,” according to the Eis, and a cultural engine for the community.
Globus Books, an independent bookstore serving San Francisco since 1971, offers a wide-ranging and always changing stock of books on all things Russia. Russian and Soviet classic literature, philosophy and poetry, politics, history, culture, sports, travel and culinary arts, in Russian or a unique selection of English-language books on Russia and former Soviet republics, featuring translations of major literary works, and a comprehensive collection of children’s books. Zarina Zabriksy, a San Francisco-based author of five books, grew up in St.Petersburg, Russia, in a family obsessed with books, studied literature and wrote and got published around the world. Managing Globus Books is her dream day job. She brings her experience in organizing events, readings, interviews and journalistic skills to the table.
Cassandra Dallett is a five-time Pushcart nominee. She has been published in over a hundred anthologies and journals. Cassandra reads often around the Bay Area, hosts the monthly writing workshop On Two Six, is a facilitator at MOWW, (Mills Oakland Writers Workshop) hosts The Badass Bookworm Podcast, (iTunes, Spotify, Soundcloud, Stitcher, YouTube) and co-hosts and co-curates the quarterly reading series MoonDrop Productions with Kelechi Ubozoh, as well as her own monthly Oakland based reading series, The Badass Bookworm’s Lit Loft. After three self-published chapbooks her first full-length book of poetry Wet Reckless (Manic D Press) was released in 2014. In 2015, she authored five chapbooks, one of them, On Sunday, A Finch (Nomadic Press) was nominated for a California Book Award, 2018 brought the release of another full-length collection, Collapse, also on Nomadic Press, also nominated for a CA Book Award.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!