San Diego Comic Con 2018 has new Genesis II comic series out of Berkeley, CA to SDCC!
At San Diego Comic-Con 2018, Genesis II will launch its first in the series of comic books under the Genesis II brand.
Allen Ling’s (the founder of Genesis II) close friendship with the actor Daniel Wu (of AMC’s “Into the Badlands and the “Tomb Raider” reboot) inspired one of the lead characters, “Daniel”. The Genesis II team at San Diego Comic-Con consists of creative bosses Mr. Ling, Christian Boe and Eisner award-winning comic creato and editor, Mel Smith.
Genesis II is set in near-future San Francisco, where humans have mastered space travel and interspecies genetic engineering. Governments are in shambles worst than ever, and corporations operate as nation-states with private militia. Lisa, a scientist researching groundbreaking – and potentially world-ending– technology, has attracted the attention of a malevolent corporate tyrant. Daniel, along with his GMO animal hybrid guardians, fights to save Lisa and prevent global genocide.
Genesis II Comics is a venture whose seed was planted long ago. As a rather active child, Allen Ling’s parents used to bribe him with comic books, which held his attention and kept him still (for a while). A passion for storytelling, visual expression and sharing with like-minded friends is something that catalyzed Allen’s entrepreneurial energy and boundless possibilities. As the son of Chinese immigrants, Allen was also a dutiful son who went to college, and dedicated himself to being successful to make his family proud.
But creating an innovative physical therapy practice, music production, real estate development and farming ventures were not enough. And success brought on its own challenges. Divorce, co- parenting two children, a near fatal bout with cancer, and the untimely death of his father were multiple wake up calls. As he was rebuilding his life, he realized that the creative lifestyle he envisioned early on was never fully realized and he needed to address
his passion for comic books. Having grown companies with fearlessness, Allen’s new venture, Genesis II Comics, is no different.
Mimicking aspects from his own life, Genesis II is about change, the future, reinventing yourself, taking chances, and fighting evil. It’s also about the deep love between two longtime friends, and the sacrifices we all make to preserve that friendship.
About Genesis II at San Diego Comic-Con 2018
Genesis II Comics is a new media company dedicated to creating fun, groundbreaking media content across a range of digital channels. The company’s first book in the series is being launched during San Diego Comic-Con 2018.
The co-creators of the Genesis II graphic novel, Allen Ling and Christian Boe, met in 2014, through a mutual acquaintance. Allen had wanted to do a graphic novel but needed the energy and talent of a young artist to be able to complete this ambitious project. Christian and Allen had some things common; they both recently lost their fathers, guitar playing, snob java drinking and a tremendous passion for comics.
Another friend of Allen’s introduced him to Mel Smith, who became the project manager and editor, and graphic novel sifu (the chinese word for a person with a mastery of skill) at the middle of the last year of production. And just in the nick of time. He proceeded to recruit more help for the covers, lavish splash pages that Allen envisioned (but was too lazy to draw or even sketch out for Christian), a colorist so Christian can focus on just line drawing and composition, and a seasoned “letterist”. Mel helped placement for dialogue, and then coached Allen “osmotically” to write the book’s voice and thought balloons as well as captions in a comic book format.
For more information about Genesis II, the team, preview the first book in the Genesis II series and to purchase, please go to www.genesisiicomics.com.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET