The TJPA communication to the press announced that the Salesforce Transit Center would be closed temporarily, with the re-opening date to be determined.
Here’s the press release, itself:
The Salesforce Transit Center is temporarily closed. On the morning of Tuesday, September 25, 2018, workers discovered a fissure on a steel beam in the ceiling of the third level bus deck near Fremont Street. After several inspections and out of an abundance of caution, the TJPA temporarily closed the Transit Center and Fremont Street between Mission and Howard streets. Further inspections revealed a second fissure at the same location on a separate beam.
This is a localized issue within the Transit Center. Inspections and advanced testing and monitoring commenced immediately of similarly designed and constructed beams at the transit center. To date, no additional fissures have been found.
Transit agencies are providing bus service out of the Temporary Transbay Terminal at Howard and Main streets while the transit center is closed. Commuters are encouraged to call 511 or go to 511.org for up-to-date transit information, or to contact their bus operator directly.
Fremont Street is scheduled to reopen on October 12, 2018. After that, a two week testing phase will commence followed by a permanent repair and a schedule to reopen the Transit Center.
We apologize for the impacts to our transit riders and the public for this temporary closure. It is an inconvenience and we are committed to reopening the transit center as soon as safely possible.
Transbay Joint Powers Authority Website Up Now
Earlier today, the Transbay Joint Powers Authority website was down and Oakland News Now broke the story. After hours of inactivity, the website is up.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser
- Ricky Schroder Video Of Himself Harassing Costco Employee Over Face Mask Rule Goes Viral
- Resurrection Oakland Church Service For May 16, 2021 10 AM
- The Next Steph Curry Is Practicing Jump Shots From Downtown Right Now
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims