The TJPA communication to the press announced that the Salesforce Transit Center would be closed temporarily, with the re-opening date to be determined.
Here’s the press release, itself:
The Salesforce Transit Center is temporarily closed. On the morning of Tuesday, September 25, 2018, workers discovered a fissure on a steel beam in the ceiling of the third level bus deck near Fremont Street. After several inspections and out of an abundance of caution, the TJPA temporarily closed the Transit Center and Fremont Street between Mission and Howard streets. Further inspections revealed a second fissure at the same location on a separate beam.
This is a localized issue within the Transit Center. Inspections and advanced testing and monitoring commenced immediately of similarly designed and constructed beams at the transit center. To date, no additional fissures have been found.
Transit agencies are providing bus service out of the Temporary Transbay Terminal at Howard and Main streets while the transit center is closed. Commuters are encouraged to call 511 or go to 511.org for up-to-date transit information, or to contact their bus operator directly.
Fremont Street is scheduled to reopen on October 12, 2018. After that, a two week testing phase will commence followed by a permanent repair and a schedule to reopen the Transit Center.
We apologize for the impacts to our transit riders and the public for this temporary closure. It is an inconvenience and we are committed to reopening the transit center as soon as safely possible.
Transbay Joint Powers Authority Website Up Now
Earlier today, the Transbay Joint Powers Authority website was down and Oakland News Now broke the story. After hours of inactivity, the website is up.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- Bike Oakland: Foothill commute route loop a year later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip