Salesforce Transit Center, the long-planned, long-under-construction, replacement for the earthquake damaged San Francisco Transbay Transit Center, is open and taking its first Oakland and East Bay travelers into SF, this morning.
The $2.26 billion, six-story, six-block-long giant building developed by Maria Ayerdi Kaplan and designed by Cesar Pelli, fills a long-existing transit void, that the Temporary Transbay Transit Center, at just one-city block and open-air, struggled to fill. Now, all buses from the Easy Bay, and Greyhound Bus Service, are served by a brand-new indoor facility. How are riders responding to the newly opened Salesforce Transit Center, this morning? This blogger went to social media platforms to find out.
Judging from this tweet, the Salesforce Transit Center may have been opened too early. The claim is that there is “ unfinished construction everywhere” – that reads like and looks like a hazzard to passengers!
First real day of the new #SalesforceTransitCenter is a bust. The AC Transit driver of my bus didn’t know where to go, supervisors at the center didn’t didn’t know if exits were open yet for passengers to leave and there is unfinished construction everywhere. pic.twitter.com/JeQxHVi5ow
— Jason Alderman (@JBAlderman) August 13, 2018
Still, this passenger can’t wait to see the six-acre roof-top park:
I can’t wait to take a walk on the new Salesforce Transit Center, especially the rooftop gardens 😁
— Alex Culi (@arculi_590) August 13, 2018
And this AC Transit Bus Driver on the “C Bus” is excited to drive passengers from Piedmont (a small town within Oakland, California) to the Salesforce Transit Center.
And there will be thousands of photos like this one of the outside wall design for Salesforce Transit Center:
This Wikipedia photographer went to Salesforce Transit Center to take photos of the park, this morning, calling it “an architectural gem.”
San Francisco's new Transbay Transit Center is an architectural gem. On its first day of regular service, I went downtown to shoot the first free images of the completed project for Wikipedia. Here's a view of the 5.4 acre rooftop park above the bus decks . . . . . . . . . #sanfrancisco #transbaytransitcenter #california #rooftoppark #modernarchitecture #kalifornien #publictransportation #busterminal #bayareacommute #salesforcetransitcenter #somabay #ilovecalifornia #bayareaphotographer #architecturephotography #sanfranciscodowntown #canon5dmkiv #wikiphotography #wikimediacommons #visitcalifornia #architekturfotografie #ishootforwikipedia #wikipedia
This AC Transit bus, the “O Line” from Oakland’s Fruitvale BART, became the first bus to enter San Francisco Salesforce Transit Center, on this first day of service:
It’s quite interesting to see the Salesforce Transit Center as it just opens for regular use, rather than the huge crowds that were at the grand opening. It will be interesting to see what the evening rush-hour looks like.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling