Salesforce Transit Center, the long-planned, long-under-construction, replacement for the earthquake damaged San Francisco Transbay Transit Center, is open and taking its first Oakland and East Bay travelers into SF, this morning.
The $2.26 billion, six-story, six-block-long giant building developed by Maria Ayerdi Kaplan and designed by Cesar Pelli, fills a long-existing transit void, that the Temporary Transbay Transit Center, at just one-city block and open-air, struggled to fill. Now, all buses from the Easy Bay, and Greyhound Bus Service, are served by a brand-new indoor facility. How are riders responding to the newly opened Salesforce Transit Center, this morning? This blogger went to social media platforms to find out.
Judging from this tweet, the Salesforce Transit Center may have been opened too early. The claim is that there is “ unfinished construction everywhere” – that reads like and looks like a hazzard to passengers!
First real day of the new #SalesforceTransitCenter is a bust. The AC Transit driver of my bus didn’t know where to go, supervisors at the center didn’t didn’t know if exits were open yet for passengers to leave and there is unfinished construction everywhere. pic.twitter.com/JeQxHVi5ow
— Jason Alderman (@JBAlderman) August 13, 2018
Still, this passenger can’t wait to see the six-acre roof-top park:
I can’t wait to take a walk on the new Salesforce Transit Center, especially the rooftop gardens ?
— Alex Culi (@arculi_590) August 13, 2018
And this AC Transit Bus Driver on the “C Bus” is excited to drive passengers from Piedmont (a small town within Oakland, California) to the Salesforce Transit Center.
And there will be thousands of photos like this one of the outside wall design for Salesforce Transit Center:
This Wikipedia photographer went to Salesforce Transit Center to take photos of the park, this morning, calling it “an architectural gem.”
San Francisco's new Transbay Transit Center is an architectural gem. On its first day of regular service, I went downtown to shoot the first free images of the completed project for Wikipedia. Here's a view of the 5.4 acre rooftop park above the bus decks . . . . . . . . . #sanfrancisco #transbaytransitcenter #california #rooftoppark #modernarchitecture #kalifornien #publictransportation #busterminal #bayareacommute #salesforcetransitcenter #somabay #ilovecalifornia #bayareaphotographer #architecturephotography #sanfranciscodowntown #canon5dmkiv #wikiphotography #wikimediacommons #visitcalifornia #architekturfotografie #ishootforwikipedia #wikipedia
This AC Transit bus, the “O Line” from Oakland’s Fruitvale BART, became the first bus to enter San Francisco Salesforce Transit Center, on this first day of service:
It’s quite interesting to see the Salesforce Transit Center as it just opens for regular use, rather than the huge crowds that were at the grand opening. It will be interesting to see what the evening rush-hour looks like.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- OaklandLocalNews.com Content Theft Website Steals From Oakland News Now – Report It To Google September 27, 2021
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021