Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 San Francisco has an Oakland partner: Nybll and Chef Kristen Thibeault.
When the Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 SF leadership went looking for a chef that could meet their stringent meal requirements for world class athletes, they found the perfect partner in Oakland-based Nybll and chef Kristen Thibeault.
Nybll has found a niche in creating high-performance, energy sustaining meals that fueled the athletes who won the most recent baseball and basketball championships, as well as the Giants and their visiting teams. Over the course of three days, Nybll will serve over 7,000 meals – lunch and dinner to 1000 players, officials, coaches, and media from 28 countries as well as hundreds of USA Rugby staff and volunteers.
“When USA Rugby came to us with their dietary requirements, it wasn’t a stretch for us,” says Nybll chef and co-founder Kristen Thibeault. “Their guidelines fit exactly how we already cook for our pro sports and corporate clients every day. When you’re tasked with satisfying large, health focused rugby players you can’t serve tofu and sprouts – it’s got to be a hearty plant focused menu with clean proteins and bold flavors.” Nearly all of Nybll creations avoid the use of dairy, gluten, breading, MSG, and processed sugar. The result is a satisfying meal without a carb crash or regret.
Kristen Thibeault was the 2013 winner of the S. Pellegrino Almost Famous Chef award that catapulted her onto the culinary scene. Prior to her formal chef training at the Le Cordon Bleu, Ms. Thibeault taught herself how to create healthy meals during her recovery from breast cancer. Her winning dish for the Almost Famous competition was vegan sweetbreads.
Nybll meals benefit not only athletes, but fast paced office workers who avoid the typical mid-afternoon lag that comes from heavy restaurant take-out. As Kristen Thibeault likes to say, ‘Your lunch just got hacked.’
The semi-permanent 15,000 square foot structure that includes a mobile kitchen, international food court, and dining hall for 350 is being constructed in the Harbor Lot adjacent to AT&T Park. Nybll will provide lunch and dinner from Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22.
Nybll’s menus meet and exceed USA Rugby’s stringent dietary requirements for world cup level food service. Nybll’s philosophy embraces the notion that we all first ‘eat with their eyes’ so they focus intensely on presentation. Expect sumptuous food stations and colorful fruit and vegetable offerings that dazzle the eye and palate.
Nybll’s menus are designed to appeal to the vast cultural diversity of players originating from twenty-eight countries. San Francisco’s own distinctive culinary culture will be strongly represented as well. And, all menus will feature high energy, high protein selections designed to help fuel championship performance on the field.
Rugby menu themes and selections include:
Streets of San Francisco – Mission St. Tacos, China Town Hot Pot, and Japan Town Bento Bowl
Island BBQ – Organic, Polynesian Roasted Pig, Coconut Chicken and BBQ Pulled Pork
Aussie Barbie – Roasted Lamb, Grilled Shrimp and Mango Relish and BBQ Portobello Mushrooms
A ‘California Farm Stand’ all-day energy station will be available to the athletes at all times including, yogurts, nuts, fresh fruits, organic energy snack blends and organic juice bar.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Of Recalling Mayor Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021
- Oakland school district votes on vaccine mandate September 23, 2021
- Lakefront Home For Sale – 195 Honey Ln Fayetteville GA 30214 September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale – Introducing, 260 Camelot Fayetteville, Georgia September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale 3800 California Street Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com September 23, 2021
- Oakland Officer, Suspect Wounded In Shootout; Suspect Surrenders After Tense Standoff September 23, 2021
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California ▶ Oakland weather Forecast 09/23/2021 September 23, 2021
- COVID Vaccinations: Oakland Unified School District Board Approves COVID Vaccination Mandate For Students September 23, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District Board Discusses Vaccine Mandate for Students, Staff September 23, 2021
- Woman Wanted For Pulling Gun On Chipotle Worker In Philadelphia September 23, 2021
- Go Fund Me For Raider Nation’s Black Hole Rob Rivera’s Funeral By Rachel Rivera September 23, 2021
- Gabby Petito case: Crews use new tools in the search for Brian Laundrie September 23, 2021
- Hey EBX & Hella Coastal – Brothers Brewing Co Was Oakland’s First Black Brewery, And Then There Was Pican Restaurant September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders NFL Pro football Focus Ranked Maxx Crosby Number 1 Edge Rusher By Eric Pangilinan September 22, 2021
- Raiders Steve Wisniewski Nominated For 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 22, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: What led police to the Carlton Reserve? September 22, 2021
- Laundrie neighbor says she saw Brian after his return September 22, 2021
- Former Chief Medical Examiner Dr. Michael Baden On Gabby Petito’s Autopsy Findings September 22, 2021