Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 reps sent Zennie62Media a press statement overview on what to expect next week. Here it is.
Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 comes to The San Francisco Bay Area July 20-22 2018, marking the first time a Rugby World Cup will be played in America. Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 is the premier stand-alone in international rugby sevens competition. Moreover, the organizers say Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 is bringing fans together from around the globe and the region alike to celebrate one of the biggest sporting events in the world.
National pride will be running high over the course of three days. With just seven minutes per half and seven players on the pitch, Rugby World Cup Sevens’s knockout match play means both high stakes and high displays of athleticism. This is the first time knockoutstyle play will be seen in a Rugby World Cup.
AT&T Park in San Francisco, home of the San Francisco Giants, will host the event featuring the best teams from around the globe, with 24 men’s and 16 women’s teams in the hunt for the trophy.
Competing nations in the Rugby World Cup Sevens will include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, England, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Jamaica, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Russia, Samoa, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, Tonga, Uganda, Uruguay, United States of America, Wales and Zimbabwe. Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 will also be broadcast around the globe, and in the United States on the NBC Sports Network.
Rugby World Cup Sevens organizers look to leave a legacy that extends beyond the stadium walls through USA Rugby’s Impact Beyond initiative. Rugby World Cup Sevens, in partnership with Play Rugby USA, USA Rugby Academies and Playworks Northern California, Impact Beyond will be made available to schools, nonprofits and after-school programs across the Bay Area through lesson plans, and a series of events and tournaments. The curriculum strives to educate in three areas – inclusion, cultural appreciation and the skills of rugby – and is available at usarugby.org/impact-beyond.
More than 80 Bay Area schools are participating in Impact Beyond, which will reach 22,000+ children by the time the tournament kicks off in July.
The Rugby World Cup Sevens tournament will kickoff with a free-to-the-public Welcome Ceremony on July 19 that will officially welcome the competing countries and their representative teams to San Francisco. Starting at 5:00 P.M. in Embarcadero Plaza – at the foot of San Francisco’s Market Street – the Welcome Ceremony will feature the men and women of the 40 competing teams. In addition to the welcome festivities, the event will begin with a special performance from Steve Silver’s Beach Blanket Babylon, San Francisco’s hilarious pop culture musical revue, as well as feature a Cantonese Opera act.
For more information, visit www.rwcsevens.com
Here’s an Oakland News Now update on the participating squads. For all posts related to rugby, just click on “Rugby” on the top menu on each Oakland News Now blog page.
Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 Fast Facts – Tournament:
• Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 coming to AT&T Park July 20-22
• This is the first time a Rugby World Cup will be played in the US
• Rugby World Cup Sevens is known for its annual pageantry and festival-like
atmosphere, which is further facilitated by general admission seating
• The tournament is knock-out style for the first time, so every match counts
Fast Facts – Rugby Sevens:
• Rugby Sevens is one of the most popular team sports in the world
• The San Francisco Bay Area is the largest American rugby market in the country
• Rugby Sevens is now the most popular club sport on American college campuses
• Each match features seven players on each side, with seven minutes halves.
Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 Key Dates:
• The Welcome Ceremony will be held at Embarcadero Plaza at 5pm on July 19
• Friday, July 20 serves as qualifiers for both the men’s and women’s world titles
• Saturday, July 21 will feature both men’s and women’s play, with the day culminating
in the Women’s Rugby World Cup Sevens Finals
• Sunday, July 22 will feature men’s play, culminating in the Men’s Rugby World Cup
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave