Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 SF and Xperiel go tech.
With the Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 Tournament beginning at San Francisco’s AT&T Park on July 20, Rugby World Cup Sevens event organizers and Xperiel are digitizing traditional in-stadium activities to make them more widely accessible to fans.
Anyone with the Rugby World Cup Sevens app – available on Android or iOS – will be able to interact with Xperiel’s Real World Web (RWW) platform and will be able to take advantage of breaks between the matches to play the Rugby World Cup Sevens augmented reality “Cannonballs” game. The activation allows everyone to play a fan-favorite the – t-shirt cannon – from anywhere in the stadium, even in places the physical cannon cannot reach, such as the highest stadium seats.
This new RWW activation converts the stadium’s jumbotrons into massive “augmented reality cannons” with which fans can interact using their mobile phones. While videos play on the big screens showing digital objects being launched, users aim their smartphones at the screens to see virtual balls being thrown towards them. By clicking on the AR balls exactly in the cross hairs of their smartphone screens, fans can “catch” them and win real physical prizes, available for collection in the stadium, courtesy of Global Innovation Partner, Capgemini.
“Rugby is always looking for ways to deliver fresh, engaging experiences to the legions of fans at the heart of our organization. We’re excited to work with Xperiel to make it possible for us to bring ground-breaking augmented reality experiences that leverages the technological innovation of Silicon Valley to the fans attending the event from all over the world,” said Rosie Spaulding, General Manager of the Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 tournament.
The Xperiel platform makes it possible to merge the Internet of Things (IoT) and AR to make the world “clickable” and part of a diverse network of connected devices called the Real World Web. The company helps brands to deliver augmented reality and IoT experiences via personal devices and location-based infrastructure.
“Digitizing the fan experience is a great example of how traditionally low-tech activities are receiving a high-tech makeover,” said Alex Hertel, CEO, Xperiel. “With the growing popularity of rugby, we hope to provide an increasing number of fans with exciting, interactive ways to participate and engage with their new favorite sport.”
Working together with sensors, geotags and real-time data, companies can create a seamless physical-digital experience for consumers. In the attention economy, where brands need to connect with potential customers in seconds, Xperiel’s mission is to build technology that can leverage the IoT to make any part of the physical world, including stadiums like AT&T Park, digitally interactive.
Hertel explained, “Since this is the first Rugby World Cup Sevens tournament held in North America, we wanted to help spectating fans become active participants in the festivities by using the mobile devices already in their hands in a new, meaningful way.”
Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 will be hosted from 20-22 July at AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants. Tickets are available: https://www.rwcsevens.com/tickets
The Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018 app can be downloaded via the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave