ONN – Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Downtown Oakland Was Best Late Night Breakfast Place https://ift.tt/2zEJT5V
This is a tribute to the still-not-replaced best Downtown Oakland late night breakfast restaurant, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe. An off-shoot of the Emeryville-based, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives-featured, gotta-love-the-rich-food eatery, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Oakland, located at 18th and Telegraph Avenue, filled need in the Uptown Oakland area for a late night anchor. A place you could go with that nice lady you met at Make Westing next door, or to have a business lunch meeting. I have done both.
Unfortunately, it’s closed, and replaced by a game center! Here is what I vlogged at Zennie62.com on July 28th, 2018:
Wow. Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe Closes In Oakland. This vlogger’s favorite late night breakfast place shut its doors on July 26th 2018. And I found out the hard way: hungry for a Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe helping of Green Eggs and Ham (not kidding), after attending the TechCrunch August Capital Party in Menlo Park (they only had cheeseburger sliders, and I don’t eat cheese on my sliders, so I passed). I was starving. Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe In Oakland was right off the 19th Street BART Station exit part of Fox Theater and next to Make Westing Bar, so it was an easy walk. And closed.
A couple of security guard friends of mine told me the shutter was abrupt, and workers were laid off without warning and the culprit was a rumored rent increase on top of the higher minimum wage regulations for 2018 in Oakland.
The Rudy’s folks left a note on the door that reads “We are sad to announce that after 7+ years of serving uptown Oakland, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe is closing its doors. We are extremely grateful for the opportunity to have created a welcoming space for all of the great people who have joined us for breakfast, lunch, dinner, day and night! Rudy’s Oakland last day will be Thursday, July 26. We will be open 7am-3pm.
We are also very proud of and thankful to everybody who has served with us along the way.
Thanks again to everybody who has been a part of Rudy’s time in Oakland, and if you need your Rudy’s fix, you can still come visit us at our Emeryville location where we will continue to be there for you, just as we have for the last 16 years!
Emeryville Hours: 7am – 1am Everyday”
To say that Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Oakland made the intersection of Telegraph and 18th along with Make Westing is an understatement. Before Phil Tagami redeveloped the Fox Theater for the City of Oakland, that space Rudy’s was in was an adult film store with boarded up windows. You didn’t know what was going on.
When I was intern to the Oakland Redevelopment Agency, my boss Jeff Chew and I took a visit to that space, and to the then run-down and closed Fox Theater. A vastly different world there today.
Where is the late night Uptown Oakland breakfast eatery now? We need one.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
- Downtown Berkeley BART Station
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News