ONN – Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Downtown Oakland Was Best Late Night Breakfast Place https://ift.tt/2zEJT5V
This is a tribute to the still-not-replaced best Downtown Oakland late night breakfast restaurant, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe. An off-shoot of the Emeryville-based, Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives-featured, gotta-love-the-rich-food eatery, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Oakland, located at 18th and Telegraph Avenue, filled need in the Uptown Oakland area for a late night anchor. A place you could go with that nice lady you met at Make Westing next door, or to have a business lunch meeting. I have done both.
Unfortunately, it’s closed, and replaced by a game center! Here is what I vlogged at Zennie62.com on July 28th, 2018:
Wow. Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe Closes In Oakland. This vlogger’s favorite late night breakfast place shut its doors on July 26th 2018. And I found out the hard way: hungry for a Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe helping of Green Eggs and Ham (not kidding), after attending the TechCrunch August Capital Party in Menlo Park (they only had cheeseburger sliders, and I don’t eat cheese on my sliders, so I passed). I was starving. Rudy’s Cant Fail Cafe In Oakland was right off the 19th Street BART Station exit part of Fox Theater and next to Make Westing Bar, so it was an easy walk. And closed.
A couple of security guard friends of mine told me the shutter was abrupt, and workers were laid off without warning and the culprit was a rumored rent increase on top of the higher minimum wage regulations for 2018 in Oakland.
The Rudy’s folks left a note on the door that reads “We are sad to announce that after 7+ years of serving uptown Oakland, Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe is closing its doors. We are extremely grateful for the opportunity to have created a welcoming space for all of the great people who have joined us for breakfast, lunch, dinner, day and night! Rudy’s Oakland last day will be Thursday, July 26. We will be open 7am-3pm.
We are also very proud of and thankful to everybody who has served with us along the way.
Thanks again to everybody who has been a part of Rudy’s time in Oakland, and if you need your Rudy’s fix, you can still come visit us at our Emeryville location where we will continue to be there for you, just as we have for the last 16 years!
Emeryville Hours: 7am – 1am Everyday”
To say that Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe Oakland made the intersection of Telegraph and 18th along with Make Westing is an understatement. Before Phil Tagami redeveloped the Fox Theater for the City of Oakland, that space Rudy’s was in was an adult film store with boarded up windows. You didn’t know what was going on.
When I was intern to the Oakland Redevelopment Agency, my boss Jeff Chew and I took a visit to that space, and to the then run-down and closed Fox Theater. A vastly different world there today.
Where is the late night Uptown Oakland breakfast eatery now? We need one.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele
- Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response