Ok. You’re in Oakland and Its 12 midnight. You just finished singing badly at The Alley on 3325 Grand Avenue, and hearing all the great stories of how wonderful a piano player the late Rod Dibble was. But all that’s over. And it is because you’re hungry. Really starving. Sp where do you go?
You missed the vietnamese cusine at Miss Saigon because they closed just before midnight. The new burger joint on Grand shut down two hours before. Connie’s Cantina for a burrito? Forget it, she closed a long set of hours before midnight. Where do you go?
You go to Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe at 18th & Telegraph Av in Downtown Oakland. They serve breakfast until almost 1 AM. You’re best bet is to get an Uber or Lyft and high-tail it over there so you can eat in some relaxed speed, rather than rushing. Rudy’s has the best late night breakfast in Oakland. Period.
And what should you get?
I love the Southwestern Omlette, myself. The hash browns that come with it are a slice of heaven. In all, it has “chorizo, avocado mash, pepper jack cheese, drenched in salsa verde,” according to the menu, but you can see that in the vlog. It’s really good. http://www.iamrudy.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018-03-15_OAKLAND_menu.pdf
You also can’t go wrong ordering the Huevos Rancheros, which is “two eggs over easy on two grilled corn tortilla with pepper jack cheese drenched in salsa verde. With Pico de gallo, sour cream and black beans” says the menu.
Then, there’s the Chorizo Scramble, and that’s “Chorizo, green onion, jalapenos and pepper jack” – and it’s all good, too.
Or, maybe you want a breafast named after an Oakland legend? Well, Rudy’s has just the dish for you: Tower of Power. Yep the meal named after the band came to play, and the menu says it has “Hash browns covered in melted pepper jack cheese, grilled
tomato, MorningStar veggie sausage, two eggs any style and your choice of toast.”
Or maybe you want Chocolate Cake? Rudy’s has the best in town…
Whatever you get, make sure you hop on over to Rudy’s Can’t Fail Cafe at 18th & Telegraph Av., right at The Fox Theater.
Tell them Zennie62 sent you.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021
- Beck Bennett Leaves SNL Saturday Night Live After Historic 2020, 8 Years – Check His Instagram Page September 27, 2021
- Here’s where Dog the Bounty Hunter thinks Brian Laundrie is September 27, 2021