ONN – Fayette County, GA – In this time of the pandemic caused by the spread of novel coronavirus causing life-threatening COVID-19 cases, it is vitally important to make sure that information disseminated by the media is correct, and adjusted where inaccuracies are found.
That was the case with a news report issued by The Citizen on Monday, March 9th. The headline read “Fayette has its first ‘presumed’ COVID-19 case”. Then the text went on to explain the following:
Fayette County has its first “presumed positive” case caused by the novel coronavirus, according to a news release sent Monday night from the office of Georgia Governor Brian Kemp.
The unidentified Fayette person is “hospitalized,” Gov. Kemp’s office wrote. The location of the hospital was not disclosed.
In addition to the Fayette case, there are four other presumed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, the governor’s office wrote.
“The additional cases are in Cobb, Fayette, Gwinnett and two in DeKalb,” the state said. “The individuals are hospitalized, and the sources of their infections are unknown.”
The trouble is when I went to look for the press release on the website of the Governor’s Office Of Brian Kemp, there was not one document matching that report. Then, I called the Governor’s Office, and then the Press Office ran by Cody Hall. No response.
Then, I emailed Mr. Hall himself – no response from him to this date and time.
So, I took a copy of the text highlighted above that was quoted in a number of publications, including The Citizen in Fayetteville, and pasted it into Google Search. That’s where I learned the actual location of the news: The Georgia Department Of Public Health. It could be that the Governor’s Office originally posted the press release, or issued it, but didn’t put it on the press website. Whatever the case, the news origin was redirected to its rightful place: The Georgia Department Of Public Health.
This is what the website page of the The Georgia Department Of Public Health read:
ATLANTA – The Georgia Department of Public Health (DPH) is awaiting confirmatory testing from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on five additional presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in Georgia. The additional cases are in Cobb, Fayette, Gwinnett and two in DeKalb. The individuals are hospitalized, and the sources of their infections are unknown.
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 and presumed positive cases of COVID-19 are broken down by county as follows:
Confirmed COVID-19 (6)
Fulton County 3 Floyd County 1 Polk County 1 Cobb 1
Presumptive Positive COVID-19 (11)
Fulton 2 Cobb 3 Fayette 1 DeKalb 2 Gwinnett 2 Cherokee 1
So, it’s clear that there is a COVID-19 patient in Fayette County, and that person is in the hospital.
Take The Following Precautions to Avoid COVID-19:
The State of Georgia asks you to do the following to help stop the spread of the novel coronavirus causing COVID-19:
The overall risk of COVID-19 to the general public remains low, although elderly people and individuals with chronic medical conditions may be have increased risk for COVID-19. The best prevention measures for any respiratory virus are:
• Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. • Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands. • Avoid close contact with people who are sick. • Stay home when you are sick. • Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. • Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you have recently traveled to areas where there are ongoing outbreaks of COVID-19 and develop fever with cough and shortness of breath within 14 days of your travel, or if you have had contact with someone who is suspected to have COVID-19, stay home and call your health care provider or local health department right away. Be sure to call before going to a doctor’s office, emergency room, or urgent care center and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
For accurate and reliable information about COVID-19 log on to https://ift.tt/2TWHH0x or https://ift.tt/2wHRUGl
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- WALKING DEAD SEASON 11 ENDING
- PHOENIX SUNS TO THE NBA WESTERN CONFRENCE FINALS
- Eric Pangilinan Vlogger Zennie62
- Introducing Eric Pangilinan As New Zennie62 Vlogger
- Eric Pangilinanvlogger Zennie62
- Errol Barnett, Once A CNN Reporter In 2008, Now CBS Weekend Anchor In 2021
- Visit to Oakland Zoo
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 6/13/21
- Home For Sale 6416 Heather Ridge Way Oakland, CA 94611
- Home For Sale 532 30th St 10 Oakland, CA 94609
- Match Highlights: Oakland Roots SC vs. Orange County SC
- 2021 Honda Pilot EX-L 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4
- Is That Too Short, Famed Oakland Rapper, Doing The Hustle At District Bar In Old Oakland?
- Falcon And The Winter Soldier Is Better Than Loki Because Its Rooted In American Culture
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home