Prop 10, The California Affordable Housing Act, is key to solving the California housing affordability crisis.
The “Rent Is Too Damn High!” Bus Tour launched in Los Angeles two weeks ago as a statewide grassroots effort to further develop organic person-to-person relationships in communities across the state, hear community housing concerns and raise awareness for Proposition 10.
In this short time, the Bus Tour has rallied support for Prop 10 in several communities, including Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, San Francisco and Oakland. The tour will continue to blitz communities through Election Day because everyone deserves a safe, healthy and affordable place to call home.
California boasts the nation’s highest rate of homelessness in the nation and the most expensive rents in the nation. With over half of Californians spending up to 30 percent of their income on rent alone, voters rallying at each stop recognize the urgency of this issue and are sending a strong message that predatory corporate landlords’ time is up.
The California Affordable Housing Act Can Make Rents Affordable In The State
Proposition 10 is a key step towards solving California’s housing-affordability crisis because it will protect California’s renters and guarantee landlords a fair rate of return, all while laying the foundation for stronger communities.
By empowering local communities to limit rent increases and curtail predatory housing practices, cities and counties will be able to create thoughtful laws to address their local housing situations as they see fit.
What Is Prop 10, The California Affordable Housing Act?
Proposition 10, the Affordable Housing Act, is a ballot measure that will restore the right of local communities to set fair limits on rent increases on all types of homes in order to address California’s housing affordability crisis. To learn more, please visit VoteYesOnProp10.org or find us online @VoteYesOn10.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year