Prop 10, The California Affordable Housing Act, is key to solving the California housing affordability crisis.
The “Rent Is Too Damn High!” Bus Tour launched in Los Angeles two weeks ago as a statewide grassroots effort to further develop organic person-to-person relationships in communities across the state, hear community housing concerns and raise awareness for Proposition 10.
In this short time, the Bus Tour has rallied support for Prop 10 in several communities, including Los Angeles, Orange County, San Bernardino, San Francisco and Oakland. The tour will continue to blitz communities through Election Day because everyone deserves a safe, healthy and affordable place to call home.
California boasts the nation’s highest rate of homelessness in the nation and the most expensive rents in the nation. With over half of Californians spending up to 30 percent of their income on rent alone, voters rallying at each stop recognize the urgency of this issue and are sending a strong message that predatory corporate landlords’ time is up.
The California Affordable Housing Act Can Make Rents Affordable In The State
Proposition 10 is a key step towards solving California’s housing-affordability crisis because it will protect California’s renters and guarantee landlords a fair rate of return, all while laying the foundation for stronger communities.
By empowering local communities to limit rent increases and curtail predatory housing practices, cities and counties will be able to create thoughtful laws to address their local housing situations as they see fit.
What Is Prop 10, The California Affordable Housing Act?
Proposition 10, the Affordable Housing Act, is a ballot measure that will restore the right of local communities to set fair limits on rent increases on all types of homes in order to address California’s housing affordability crisis. To learn more, please visit VoteYesOnProp10.org or find us online @VoteYesOn10.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Planning Commission Hearing On 410 20th St Thomas Berkley Way Tall Building May 5th 2021
- Bike Oakland: Foothill commute route loop a year later
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip