OAKLAND, CA – Rebecca Kaplan’s City Council Resolution to encourage the community development of expanded housing options in the City of Oakland is before the elected officials April 10th. On that day, the Community and Economic Development Committee and the Life Enrichment Committee will hear her plan.
The Kaplan Resolution, which can be read here, directs the City to support community based organizations – including faith-based organizations and other non-profits organizations – seeking to provide temporary shelter and sanitation services on their properties, identify funding sources and public land for these efforts, and ease requirements so more housing alternatives can be provided.
Councilmember Kaplan says: “As the City of Oakland struggles with a burgeoning housing and homelessness crisis, we must support both public and private efforts to increase shelter options, promote dignity, and minimize disease and suffering amongst all Oakland residents. That is why I have authored this Resolution to encourage and support the community development of expanded housing options, by ensuring that our City’s laws are being effectively utilized to create meaningful solutions and serve our most vulnerable populations.”
The Resolution will be heard at the April 10th Community and Economic Development Committee (Number 3 on the Agenda), which begins at 1:30 pm, and the Life Enrichment Committee (Number 9 on the Agenda), which begins at 4 pm, at Oakland City Hall.
Kaplan is also authoring a funding plan for homeless solutions – a vacant property tax. Click here to read that report.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime