OAKLAND COUNCIL PRESIDENT REBECCA KAPLAN DENOUNCES PENCE’S LIES ABOUT A WHITE SUPREMACIST MURDER IN OAKLAND
Oakland – Vice President Mike Pence’s speech during the Republican National Convention contained deeply misleading statements regarding the horrific murder of Dave Patrick Underwood in Oakland. According to the investigation, Mr. Underwood was killed by Steven Carrillo, a follower of the Boogaloo Boys— a right-wing extremist movement connected with white supremacists. Pence wrongly attempted to tie this killing to the Black Lives Matter movement, which, in fact, had no involvement in the killing.
Oakland City Council President Rebecca Kaplan denounced Pence’s lie, “There was a white supremacist murder in Oakland – and it is disgusting and wrong for anyone, especially the Vice President, to try to blame the Black Lives Matter movement. Mr. Underwood tragic murder was not part of any demonstration, but an act of a violent, armed white supremacist.”
Oakland joins the rest of the country in mourning the senseless, tragic murders, and oppression of Black Lives. Oakland has its own tragic loss of life with the murder of Patrick Underwood, a Federal Protective Services officer with deep ties in Oakland. It should be made clear that the culprits who killed Mr. Underwood had nothing to do with the peaceful protests in honor of Black lives.
Pence’s lies attempt to discredit important movements for social justice, and to move blame away from violent white supremacist murder. Communities are put in greater danger when white supremacist murder is excused or blamed on others — while the President and Vice President continue to encourage violent killings by their supporters. Our communities deserve better, and the lies of the Vice President should be denounced by all people of conscience.
As has been reported previously:
“Steven Carrillo, a California man who was charged with murder, scrawled phrases tied to an online far-right extremist movement in blood on a car shortly before he was detained…. Elements of The Boogaloo have evolved from a gathering of militia enthusiasts and Second Amendment advocates into a full-fledged violent extremist group, which inspires lone wolf actors and cell-like actors alike.”
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee Says Theater Reopens May 27th With Quiet Place 2 & Cruella 3200 Grand Av
- Zennie Abraham Live On WKDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo