ONN – Raiders Lawsuit: City Of Oakland 2nd Response To Raiders, NFL 2nd Motion To Dismiss Argument
The 14-lawyer team representing the City Of Oakland in its lawsuit against the Oakland Raiders move to Las Vegas, submitted their second opposition response to the second “motion to dismiss” document filed by the Raiders and the NFL on October 25th, 2019.
The City Of Oakland essentially says that the fact is the NFL’s requireing a vote of 3/4th of the team owners to approve a new NFL team, alone, points to the existence of an “anti-competitive scheme”. In other words, in a truly free market for the NFL, there would be no vote, and teams would be free to establish new stadium deals anywhere and without the official say of any other team or group of teams, or the league office. The NFL and the Raiders are trying to say that such a market exists – if the court agreed, Oakland would have no standing to file a lawsuit.
As you and I both know, that environment does not exist.
See, the only way the Raiders and the NFL can hope to win this lawsuit is to set up the idea that the City of Oakland was within a free NFL team movement market. Within that market, there would be no price barrier to entry – no subsidy ask and no relocation fee. The free market would cause such prices to fall over time – but that’s not the real NFL.
So, what we have is a situation where the City of Oakland was arguably bullied into having to cough up a huge sum of public money, $750 million, just to compete with Las Vegas and the State of Nevada. The so-called NFL Relocation Bylaws that were supposed to protect the “home city, Oakland,” from such a situation, didn’t do that at all; thus Oakland’s claim that the NFL itself violated and allowed the violation of its own relocation bylaws.
At the end of the introduction to the 2nd Response To Raiders, NFL 2nd Motion To Dismiss Argument, the Oakland lawyers call for the motion to dismiss to be terminated.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. The main system is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. There, an uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. This part allows rapid conversion of YouTube videos from any source channel (with permission and from Zennie62 on YouTube) to Oakland News Now blog posts. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney