ONN – Raiders Las Vegas Stadium Earthquake Threatened: Active Decatur Fault A Block Away
Filed under: las vegas raiders stadium cam, las vegas raiders stadium progress, las vegas raiders stadium live cam, las vegas raiders logo, las vegas stadium live cam, las vegas raiders stadium construction cam, las vegas stadium progress, las vegas raiders season tickets
The twin massive earthquakes of 6 and 7 on the Richter scale and centered in Ridgecrest, California, not only touched off a massive wave of smaller quakes and aftershocks, but were felt three hours away, in the Las Vegas Valley.
The 7.1 Ridgecrest Earthquake was reported to have caused a tremor that was 3 to 4 on the Richter scale in Las Vegas. The shaking throughout the Las Vegas Valley caused many to wonder if the same quaking fate was ahead for Las Vegas itself. And then, the media focused on a local fault that many had not known of: The Decatur Fault.
The Decatur Fault happened to be the same one that was the focus of a March 24th, 2018 video-blog at Zennie62 on YouTube. This one:
There was no advance mention of the existence of The Decatur Fault, even though it’s active and it happens to be located a city block away from the under-construction Las Vegas Stadium.
A Fault Line Locator Confirms The Decatur Fault Location Near Las Vegas Stadium
Leave it to the pre-Sheldon Adelson ownership Las Vegas Review Journal to have an article featuring the Decatur Fault and the economic damage a 6-or-better earthquake would exact on Las Vegas:
“A magnitude-6 in Las Vegas Valley is a $3 billion event. … A magnitude 7 — and that really would be the max for this basin — would be upwards of $21 billion,” he said, based on the length of the faults and their proximity to structures.
“For Nevada’s economy … what a hit this would be. So it’s serious we get this right,” dePolo said in his presentation for the 25th anniversary meeting of the Southern Nevada Section, Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists.
A powerful quake along the 14-mile-long Decatur Fault or others in the basin could hit at any time: tomorrow, a hundred or a thousand years from now or thousands of more years into the future, scientist predict.
It was in that October 18th, 2015 work by Keith Rogers that we got more of an understanding of what could happen in Las Vegas as a result of a great quake than we have received today – from the same publication.
But there was no Las Vegas Stadium for the Oakland Raiders under construction. Now, there is, and so with that has come an effort to steer information away from the real life mix of the good and the bad, and toward a focus on ‘the good’ even if it may not be exactly so.
So, we don’t have a discussion of where the Decatur Fault is located with respect to Las Vegas Stadium. But we do have this fault / address locator courtesy of Fox 5 Las Vegas and University of Nevada-Reno
So, if we put one of the closest addresses to the Las Vegas Stadium into the locator, like 3330 W Hacienda Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89118, the address of The Couture Cleaner.
Looking up that business places The Decatur Fault within one block, and reveals not one, but two fault lines that are on either side, east or west of Las Vegas Stadium.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K