ONN – Raiders Las Vegas Stadium Don Webb Talks July Opening But April 1 Is Oakland Coliseum Deadline
Don Webb, who manages the Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas Stadium Construction Project for the Oakland Raiders (what happened to Larry McNeil?), is now certain that the job will be done by July 31, 2020.
That’s a far cry from the original note of “substantial completion” by July 31, 2020. Don Webb even went so far as to make fun of the long-discussed 60-day push back of the schedule.
(Someone should tell Don the original date of stadium completion was first supposed to be May of 2020, then June of 2020, and then July of 2020, and now July 31, 2020, which is basically August. The first seat installation was to start May of 2019, and the EFTE roof installation was to have started August 23rd of 2019. I think we can all agree the stadium’s way off that mark. And the fact remains that the current schedule timeline points to October and not July 31, 2020 for a full, NFL-ready, stadium. Good things come to those who wait.)
He went on television, specifically KTNV Las Vegas, to say that and note that the usual mouthpiece the Las Vegas Review Journal did not broadcast that bold bit of news. Whatever the reason, the fact remains that the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority has an April 1, 2020 deadline – and they’re not going to extend it.
That is the day the Oakland Raiders have to let the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority (JPA) know if they are staying one more year or leaving for Las Vegas. Unlike past go-rounds, the Coliseum JPA is not ran by McKibben, and fans like now former board member Chris Dobbins are sadly gone, so there’s less chance of the Silver and Black being able to gain an extension of time to decide.
They’re either in Oakland or out of Oakland.
If the Raiders do elect to stay, they owe the Oakland Coliseum a record (for that facility) rent of $10.5 million. As it is, the architect of that agreement, Scott McKibben, the now-former Coliseum Executive Director and now President Of The Oakland Panthers, would be in the interesting position of being the one who kept pro football in Oakland. His Indoor Football League team is slated to start play in the Oakland Arena in March.
I recall Scott McKibben telling me that the deal he struck with the Raiders is only a fraction of the new world of costs they’re going to have to bear in Las Vegas at Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas Stadium.
The Oakland Raiders have to make sure they’re not overly optimistic. One snow storm or over-long rain episode can smash that already tight deadline. Still, Las Vegas needs this large scale special events center. Right now, it’s in a transition that threatens to put it where Reno was 11 years ago.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am