Author’s note: President Trump’s Official Message to Congress on the Death Of George H.W. Bush was released on December 3rd at 7:21 PM EST to Zennie62Media.
TO THE CONGRESS OF THE UNITED STATES:
By this Message, I officially inform you of the death of George Herbert Walker Bush, the forty-first President of the United States.
President George H.W. Bush led a life that exemplified what is truly great about America. As with so many of his generation, the Greatest Generation, President Bush worked selflessly throughout his long life to bring about a world of justice and lasting peace. With his passing, we mark one of the last pages of a defining chapter in American history.
Much of George H.W. Bush’s life was shaped by global conflict. He began his adult life by volunteering for combat in the Pacific Theater of World War Two. Through his heroic efforts as an aviator in the United States Navy, the youngest in United States history at the time, President Bush flew 58 combat missions, helping to win a hard-fought but fragile peace. Shortly after the war, the Nation found itself confronted with new challenges, including a protracted Cold War and the threat of nuclear annihilation by the Soviet Union. Propelled by his sense of duty to his Nation, George H.W. Bush re‑entered public service, first as a Member of Congress, and then as Ambassador to the United Nations, Chief of the United States Liaison Office in China, Director of Central Intelligence, Vice President, and President of the United States.
Resolute through war, President Bush was magnanimous in peace. As the Communist threat subsided, he stood down America’s nuclear bombers from the alert posture they had maintained for so long and gently encouraged the development of democracy and free markets in the crumbling Soviet Union. Through these and other gestures of goodwill, President Bush helped to bring the Cold War to a victorious end and to transition the country into a period of sustained peace and prosperity.
During one of his many combat missions as a young man, then-Lieutenant Bush was forced to parachute from his airplane into the ocean below. Many years later, in celebration of a life of accomplishments in both war and peace, President Bush jumped from another aircraft — this time a helicopter — and parachuted safely onto the grounds of his home in Maine. Fearless, courageous, adventurous, and unyielding, through the highs and lows of the twentieth century and into the next millennium, President Bush served his Nation, creating an example that will inspire generations for decades to come.
DONALD J. TRUMP
THE WHITE HOUSE,
December 3, 2018.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Live At Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas 2021 September 26, 2021
- A’s Ticket Hike: Loyal Oakland A’s fans angry over planned ticket price increases for 2021 season September 26, 2021
- Downs Oakland UMW Sunday Service 9.26.21 September 26, 2021