Today, President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. declared that an emergency exists in the State of Florida and ordered Federal assistance to supplement State, tribal, and local response efforts due to the emergency conditions resulting from Tropical Storm Fred beginning on August 13, 2021, and continuing.
The President’s action authorizes the Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), to coordinate all disaster relief efforts which have the purpose of alleviating the hardship and suffering caused by the emergency on the local population, and to provide appropriate assistance for required emergency measures, authorized under Title V of the Stafford Act, to save lives and to protect property and public health and safety, and to lessen or avert the threat of a catastrophe in the counties of Bay, Calhoun, Citrus, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Manatee, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Taylor, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington.
Specifically, FEMA is authorized to identify, mobilize, and provide at its discretion, equipment and resources necessary to alleviate the impacts of the emergency. Emergency protective measures, limited to direct federal assistance and reimbursement for mass care including evacuation and shelter support will be provided at 75 percent Federal funding.
Deanne Criswell, Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Department of Homeland Security, named Kevin A. Wallace as the Federal Coordinating Officer for Federal recovery operations in the affected areas.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION MEDIA SHOULD CONTACT THE FEMA NEWS DESK AT (202) 646-3272 OR FEMA-NEWS-DESK@FEMA.DHS.GOV.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Amy Trask Bio & Hype Video For Amy Trask Talk On Las Vegas Raiders And Oakland Raiders Culture. September 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs Ruled Out For Week Two Vs The Steelers By Eric Pangilinan September 17, 2021
- LIVE: New Orleans Saints Player Interviews 9/17/21 Week 2 vs. Panthers September 17, 2021
- Pat McAfee Talks To Tyrod Taylor About Move To Texans, Very Unfortunate Career Path September 17, 2021
- BTS – Permission To Dance in the Live Lounge September 17, 2021
- BTS Announce ‘Permission to Dance’ Online Livestream Concert Event | Billboard News September 17, 2021
- 2017 BMW i3 Range Extender Hatchback Hayward Oakland San Jose Fremont Stockton September 17, 2021
- 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Coupe Hayward Oakland San Jose Fremont Stockton September 17, 2021
- Former AD20 Candidate, Union Organizer Alexis Villalobos Endorses Jennifer Esteen for Assembly September 17, 2021
- Gus Bradley, Greg Olson, Johnathan Abram and Jermaine Eluemunor Presser – 9.16.21 | Raiders September 17, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum JPA Board Meeting Livestream For Friday September 17th 2021 September 17, 2021
- Gabby Petito update: What the final text to her mother said September 17, 2021
- What Is Shiba Inu Coin? | What Is Shiba Inu Coin Used For | Shiba Inu Coin Explained | Simplilearn September 17, 2021
- How Much Will $100 In SHIBA INU Tokens Be In December 2021 Shiba Inu | Price Prediction Simulation September 17, 2021
- Shiba Inu: Dogecoin Killer?? Meme or Something More? 🐶 September 17, 2021
- What Crypto Whales Just Did With Shiba Inu And Why We Must Pay Attention September 17, 2021
- Brian Laundrie’s sister speaks out on Gabby Petito’s disappearance September 17, 2021
- Cat Brooks Guest at Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting September 16, 2021 September 17, 2021
- Oakland Roots to Become Climate Positive by 2022 in Partnership with East Bay Community Energy September 17, 2021
- Amtrak San Joaquin #716 train at Oakland Jack London Square Oakland California September 17, 2021
- Can Homeowners In The U.S. Afford Climate Change? September 17, 2021
- Massive Flash Floods in Washington DC 9/16/2021 September 17, 2021
- Live View of Inspiration4 Dragon Tracker | Cupola View September 17, 2021
- FBI, Bay Area Law Enforcement Take Down Leaders of Infamous Crime Organization September 17, 2021
- Cadillac Sedan Deville on 22″ Gold Zeniths & Vogues from Oakland, Ca EP131 September 17, 2021