President-Elect Joe Biden Gets GSA Approval, Wins Michigan, Introduces New Cabinet Members
From YouTube Channel: November 23, 2020 at 06:48PM
ONN – President-Elect Joe Biden Gets GSA Approval, Wins Michigan Officially, Introduces New Cabinet Members
It’s now official: President-Elect Joe Biden can start meeting with Trump Administration officials, and receive classified national security documents.
Then, In a letter to the press and supporters, President-Elect Joe Biden introduced his first cabinet appointments. Here’s what he wrote:
It’s been a couple of weeks since I last reached out. In the time since, we have been hard at work, building a government that reflects the values we campaigned on: healing our nation’s great divides at home and restoring our leadership role abroad. You were an integral part of our team, so I wanted to share some exciting news: I’ve selected my first Cabinet nominees.
The men and women I am announcing today will be core members of my national security, foreign policy, and law enforcement team. They are experienced and crisis-tested. They will keep us safe and secure. And, they are leaders who look like America and reflect my core belief that America is back and that we lead not just by the example of our power, but by the power of our example.
I’m honored to introduce these six extraordinary individuals:
Tony Blinken as Secretary of State
Tony is one of my most trusted advisors, and no one is better prepared for the job. He served as my staff director on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee when I was a Senator. He went on to serve as my National Security Advisor when I was Vice President and as Deputy Secretary of State under President Obama, continuing a life-long dedication to public service. Tony is universally respected by those who know him, and with good reason. He’s a principled, compassionate leader, and as America’s top diplomat, he’ll help strengthen our State Department and represent how America is strongest when we lead with our values.
Alejandro Mayorkas as Secretary of Homeland Security
The son of refugees, Ali will be the first Latino and immigrant to lead the Department of Homeland Security. As Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security under President Obama, he led the implementation of DACA, enhanced our cybersecurity, and responded to natural disasters and public health threats like Ebola and Zika. He will play a critical role in fixing our broken immigration system and understands that living up to our values and protecting our nation’s security aren’t mutually exclusive—and under his leadership, they’ll go hand-in-hand.
Avril Haines as Director of National Intelligence
A consummate national security professional, Avril was the first female Deputy Director of the CIA, and now, she will be the first woman to hold the office of Director of National Intelligence. I’ve worked with her for over a decade. She’s brilliant and humble and will always tell it straight while engaging in this work in a way that reflects our shared values. Under her leadership, our intelligence community will be supported, trusted, and empowered to protect our national security, without being undermined or politicized. We will be safer because of her.
Ambassador Linda Thomas-Greenfield as U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
As a 35-year veteran of the U.S. Foreign Service, Ambassador Thomas-Greenfield is a distinguished, respected diplomat who has served on four continents. Raised in segregated Louisiana, she follows in a tradition of barrier-breaking African-American diplomats who have dedicated their lives to public service, and brings critical perspective to a role that is more important—and more necessary—than ever before. As UN Ambassador, Linda will renew our relationships with our friends and allies, help revitalize our diplomatic corps and restore America’s reputation on the world stage.
Jake Sullivan as National Security Advisor
Jake was my National Security Advisor during my Vice Presidency, and a top advisor on domestic and foreign policy throughout my campaign, including on our strategy for controlling the pandemic. No one has a deeper understanding of the overlapping challenges we face, and how to protect our national security and advance a foreign policy that delivers for the middle class. He will be one of the youngest National Security Advisors in history, and his once-in-a-generation intellect and poise under pressure makes him the ideal choice for one of the toughest jobs in the world.
Secretary John Kerry as Special Presidential Envoy for Climate
Secretary Kerry needs no introduction. From signing the Paris Agreement on behalf of the United States as Secretary of State, to forming a bipartisan climate action coalition alongside the next generation of climate activists, his efforts to rally the world to combat climate change have been expansive and relentless. Now, I’ve asked him to return to government to get America back on track to address one of the most urgent national security threats we face—the climate crisis. This role is the first of its kind: the first cabinet-level climate position, and the first time climate change has had a seat at the table on the National Security Council. There could be no one better suited to meet this moment.
This team will be ready to take on our nation’s greatest challenges on day one, which is important because there is no time to waste when it comes to our national security. In adding these great Americans to my team, I hope my message is loud and clear: America is back. And America is ready to lead.
Thanks for all you do,
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Cal Football: Jake Tonges Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Femi Oladejo Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Robert Bob Hamilton Oakland, Commercial Real Estate And Friend To Many, Died October 9th October 19, 2021
- All Passengers, Crew Safe After Plane Crashes In Texas Field October 19, 2021
- Why Vish was So Impressed with 49ers QB Trey Lance’s First Start October 19, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers News & Rumors On DeForest Buckner, 49ers Injury Report, Trade Candidates | Q&A October 19, 2021
- MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE || Starting 9 October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Early Candidate For Defense Player Of The Year By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- San Francisco, Tourism Industry Offer Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- 882 Alma Pl, Oakland, CA, 94610 October 19, 2021
- Joel Embiid press conference after Ben Simmons was suspended during Sixers practice October 19, 2021
- The Offset Jim Interview: Coming Up in Oakland, Rich Off The Pack, Moving to NYC & More October 19, 2021
- CBS Correspondent Takes a Flying Car Up for a Spin October 19, 2021
- Meet Maxx Crosby’s Rescue Pit Bulls | Episode 2 | Crosby’s Crib | Raiders | NFL October 19, 2021
- TikTok star robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Top 15 Plays of Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Google Event 2021 Reaction: Pixel 6 Pro Launch October 19, 2021
- All-Access with the Golden State Warriors Veterans October 19, 2021
- Neighbor rescues man from burning home in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- The 1991 Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Seahawks Trade Rumors: 4 Players Who Could Get Dealt Before The NFL Trade Deadline Ft. Quandre Diggs October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders My Apology Amari Cooper Didn’t Say Jon Gruden Was A Racist By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Lake Merritt is a large tidal lagoon in the center of Oakland, California, just east of Downtown October 19, 2021
- Red Sox Fans Troll A Rod With Savage Bennifer Chants At MLB Playoffs… October 19, 2021
- CBS San Francisco: Residents Are So Upset With Crime They Are Hiring Private Security October 19, 2021
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 Highlights (10/18/21) | MLB Highlights October 19, 2021
- Yet Another Bank of America, SBA EIDL Horror Story Sent For Blogging October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix October 19, 2021