At 300-feet-high, the Port of Oakland cranes be able to handle world’s biggest container ships
Oakland – Three cranes able to load the world’s largest container ships will soon be headed to the Port of Oakland. Shanghai-based manufacturer ZPMC said this week that construction of the ship-to-shore behemoths is nearing completion in China.
The cranes are due at Oakland International Container Terminal Sept. 14, according to terminal operator SSA Terminals. At 300-feet-high, it’s believed they’d be the tallest in North America when they commence operations in January.
“As ships keep getting bigger, SSA and ZPMC continue to help us keep ahead of the industry,” said Port of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan. “We’re very excited and grateful for the partnership.”
ZPMC and SSA updated maritime executives on the new cranes this week at a meeting of the Propeller Club. Here are the vital statistics:
The cranes can lift containers 174 feet above the dock, enabling them to stack boxes 12-high on ships.
They can reach 125 feet across a ship’s deck, spanning 24 rows of containers.
They’ll be delivered by ship and require five days to be transferred from vessel to dock.
SSA operates the largest marine terminal at the Port of Oakland. Terminals are where ships are loaded and unloaded and where freight haulers pick up or drop off containerized cargo. Ultra large container vessels can carry up to 24,000 20-foot containers. ZPMC and SSA said Oakland’s new cranes were designed to load and unload ships that big. SSA placed a $30 million order for its new cranes in February 2019. In 2018, it completed a project to raise the height of four other ship-to-shore cranes.
About the Port of Oakland
The Port of Oakland oversees the Oakland Seaport, Oakland International Airport, and nearly 20 miles of waterfront including Jack London Square. The Port’s 5-year strategic plan – Growth with Care – pairs business expansion with community benefits, envisioning more jobs and economic stimulus as the Port grows. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs. Connect with the Port of Oakland and Oakland International Airport through Facebook, or with the Port on Twitter, YouTube, and at www.portofoakland.com.
This post based on a press release from the Port of Oakland to Zennie62Media.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- Nba Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime
- NBA Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers – By Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth Reaction: What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Cole Beasley Reaction To Joseph Armenderiaz Vlog By- Eric Pangilinan
- Juneteeth, What Is Its Meaning To America? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Some Filipinos Question Manny Pacquaio Ability- To lead By Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Nate Hobbs That Raiders 5th Round Draft Pick By- Eric Pangilinan
- Tropical Storm Claudette Downgraded To Depression Moving Through Fayetteville Georgia
- Royal Exchange In San Francisco: Zennie62 Live With Zennie Abraham And Beth Schnitzer Of Sprizt Mktg
- 2021 MLB Draft News: MLB Tabs NFL Draft Architect Frank Supovitz For 2021 MLB Draft Denver
- Happy Juneteenth Says Oakland Grand Lake Theater Marquee, Thanks To Allen Michaan
- Black Business Roundtable with Doug & Everett: Attorney Robert Harris, Harlem’s Walter Edwards
- Las Vegas Raiders And NFL Announce 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review