Port of Oakland Leaders Send Message to East Bay Businesses: Fly OAK First. Airport appeals to local business community for future air travel planning
Oakland – The Port of Oakland and its Oakland International Airport (OAK) are aiming to reinvigorate air travel by taking its message of resilience directly to the East Bay’s business community. The air travel industry has begun to show signs of recovery in Oakland after industry-wide declines due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As more travelers return to flying this summer across the country, the Port and Airport (which is owned and operated by the Port of Oakland) have launched a campaign urging passengers to check Oakland first for their air travel needs. The campaign includes in-person online presentations to business audiences throughout the East Bay, as well as a month-long multimedia campaign, which features digital and broadcast advertisements. In June, the Airport expects passenger activity to be approximately 20% of the level experienced in June 2019. That is an improvement over the 11% result in May. Demand appears to be on the rise as flights and seat capacity increase to meet that need.
Port of Oakland Director of Aviation Bryant L. Francis said, “With the industry still adjusting to COVID-19, it is critical that we to take our message of resilience directly to Bay Area residents, including numerous efforts to speak with members of the business community. OAK is the closest airport to a majority of the Bay Area’s businesses and residents, and we are proud to serve them.”
Francis spoke to Rotary Clubs in Castro Valley and San Ramon Valley on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, respectively. Port of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan participated in the Innovation Tri-Valley CEO Roundtable on Tuesday, urging business support for the Port of Oakland with a heavy emphasis on flying from Oakland International as often as possible to promote future air service growth opportunities.
About Oakland International Airport
Oakland International is the most centrally-located airport in the 7.7M population Bay Area region, and closest airport to the region’s wealth of business and tourism venues.
The vision of Oakland International Airport is to be the airport of choice for Bay Area residents and visitors alike. OAK is operated by the Port of Oakland, which also oversees the Oakland seaport and 20 miles of waterfront. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs in the region with a $130 Billion Economic Impact.
For departure and arrival information, airport maps, and details on shopping, dining, transportation, and more, visit www.oaklandairport.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This post based on a press release from Port of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- ETF Spotlight: Consumer Staples, XLP October 28, 2021
- ALDS vs Athletics – MLB The Show 21 – GM Mode Commentary – Detroit Tigers – Ep.52 October 28, 2021
- Tom Hanks crashes beach wedding October 28, 2021
- Carrier CEO on supply chain disruptions, company outlook October 28, 2021
- BREAKING: All countries to be removed from travel red list October 28, 2021
- DraftKings NFL Thursday Night Football Week 8 Showdown Picks & Lineups | Packers Cardinals Tonight October 28, 2021
- Public hearing on Afghan women at the EU Committee on Women’s Rights and Gender Equality October 28, 2021
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Walkaround | NewsAuto October 28, 2021
- Monday Night Football Memories & Meaning | Defending The Kingdom 10/28 October 28, 2021
- Yum Brands CEO on Q3 same-store sales miss, U.S. labor crunch October 28, 2021
- New COVID vaccination timeline for children 5 to 11 October 28, 2021
- Former NHL player reveals himself as victim of sexual assault in new lawsuit October 28, 2021
- The Rich Sports Report #5: MLB World Series, NFL Week 8, and Early NBA Takes October 28, 2021
- FREE Basketball 10/28/21 Picks and Predictions Today NBA Betting Tips and Analysis October 28, 2021
- Pending home sales falls 2.3% in September, below estimates October 28, 2021
- Overstock CEO: We are in good shape for the holidays despite supply chain issues October 28, 2021
- Oil execs head to Capitol Hill to face questions on climate change October 28, 2021
- Democrats race to finalize Biden’s infrastructure deal ahead of foreign trip October 28, 2021
- California lawmakers to review recall process October 28, 2021
- ServiceNow CEO on Q3 earnings: We have the technology advantage October 28, 2021
- Ford stock soars after strong Q4 sales, raises 2021 profit target October 28, 2021
- Hawks vs. Wizards 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- National City food hall set for grand opening October 28, 2021
- Marcus Spears “speaks lock” Derek Carr is best QB and Las Vegas Raiders are team on cusp, bye Week 8 October 28, 2021
- Sen. Klobuchar: We Want To See Exactly What The Framework Is October 28, 2021
- NBA DFS Strategy 10/28/21 | Draftkings & FanDuel NBA Picks October 28, 2021
- China’s economy suffers major setbacks October 28, 2021
- ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV Latest Headlines | October 28, 7am October 28, 2021
- Could kids vaccines end the pandemic? October 28, 2021
- Joe Harris Breaks the Brooklyn Nets Three-Point Record October 28, 2021
- ESPN reacts to World Series: Houston Astros level up against Braves at 1-1 with 7-2 win in Game 2 October 28, 2021
- Big Oil heads to Washington to discuss climate change, disinformation October 28, 2021
- FREE Sports Betting Picks October 28, 2021|Free NBA Picks Today | NBA Predictions| NBA Picks Tonight October 28, 2021
- Ethel M Cactus Garden returns for the holidays October 28, 2021
- Asia is the epicenter for wealth creation: Citi CEO October 28, 2021
- Day 2 of the Assange extradition hearing October 28, 2021
- As NFL trade deadline nears, one move would signal Packers are all in on Aaron Rodgers October 28, 2021
- 2022 GMC Sierra AT4X vs 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 October 28, 2021
- Earnings roundup: Caterpillar, Ford, & eBay beat estimates – here’s what this means for the stocks October 28, 2021
- Santa Fe County sheriff discusses ‘Rust’ shooting investigation October 28, 2021