SING YOUR WAY TO CASH FOR NONPROFITS: “Karaoke for a Cause” donated over $5,000 to grassroots fundraisers. Now comes the Bay Area Youth Rugby Fundraiser, this Saturday.
Oakland, CA (press release) – The Port Bar Oakland (located at 2023 Broadway) raised over $5,000 in 2018 for non-profits & individuals raising money for non-profits through its Karaoke for a Cause benefit events. The Port Bar is looking for more non-profits to support through this fun & creative community building artistic endeavor in 2019 with dates available in March 2019.
“The Port Bar sees itself as Oakland’s LGBT Community Center but with alcohol,” said co-owner Richard Fuentes “We were really pleased raise so much money through the program and are optimistic we can raise even more in 2019.” Richard Fuentes & his partner, Sean Sullivan, opened The Port Bar, located next to Oakland’s Paramount Theatre, in July 2016 to provide a 7 day a week space for the LGBT community in downtown Oakland.
Fuentes & Sullivan, who were involved in non-profit fundraising for many years, designed the event as an opportunity to gather people together while having fun but also rally as much funds as possible. The event raises funds through The Port Bar’s donation of proceeds from all beer & well wine purchases at the bar from 6-9 pm. “Non-profits are also encouraged to bring their own methods of fundraising to the event as well such as raffles, auctions or asking for a donation per song” Said Sullivan.
“Many non-profits struggle to raise private funds. Often they are encouraged to raise funds through events but those events themselves become costly,” added Sullivan, a former president of the Association of Fundraising Professionals-Golden Gate Chapter, “We take that cost out for them.”
The 2019 Karaoke for a Cause program will kick off this Saturday, January 26th from 6- 9pm with a fundraiser for Bay Area Youth Rugby. Everyone 21 years of age & older are welcome to attend. A 2nd Karaoke for a Cause benefitting Bay Area Youth Rugby will take place Saturday, February 9th also from 6-9 p.m.
Non-profits interested in taking part in the Karaoke for a Cause program should contact Sullivan via [email protected] or through The Port Bar’s social media. See: http://www.portbaroakland.com
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Zennie Abraham Live On WKDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser