In this update, Peter Liu tweets blacks who vote for Obama are “Low IQ”. I guess that includes this author.
Just when the Oakland Mayoral Race was looking to be a bit less exciting after Oakland At-Large Councilmember Rebecca Kaplan backed away from running in a tag-team with Cat Brooks, by, instead, only announcing she was backing Brooks last Thursday, it all just became interesting again, because now, we have Peter Liu.
Yep, the same now former California Guebenatorial Candidate Peter Liu who put out this song to announce his run for Governor:
If you’re saying “Peter Liu, who’s that?” it’s a good chance you didn’t know he ran for Governor of California this year, and your’re one of those many thousands who are new to Oakland, and came after the 2014 Oakland Mayor’s Race that put then-District Four Councilmember Libby Schaaf into the office as the 50th Mayor of Oakland.
That 2014 Oakland Mayoral Race had 15 active candidates who signed up with the City of Oakland and who’s names and filings were registered with the Oakland City Clerk Latonda Simmons’ Office, and with the Oakland Public Ethics Commission.
Peter Liu was one of those names, and as a note, Einstein The Dog, who some media types wrote was a candidates, was not one of those names.
Peter Liu went on to be the most controversial candidate who ever ran for Mayor of Oakland in the 21st Century. Fond of posting photos of himself with a gun (and used a gun turned to form the “L” in Liu as part of his logo for the Governor’s Race), Peter, at the time in 2014, believed that being gay was a sin, and that Oakland was becoming like San Francisco, full of sinners. He was deliberately combative back then, chosing to pick verbal fights with other candidates via email.
Peter, and the Oakland Mayoral Race of 2014, were made nationally famous via Jimmy Kimmel, who made fun of Liu’s, shall we say, interesting take on kids and the internet, writing in response to a question “The lesson here is this: when your son says ‘Mommy, Daddy, I need internet access for homework.’ This really translates to: ‘I am gonna masturbate online while my parents at work yo.’ That got twisted such that people believed he was saying that about himself.
It’s a wonder Peter didn’t make Saturday Night Live back then. Does anyone remember how Jimmy Kimmel floated the fictitious name of Seth Widner for Mayor of Oakland, back then? I do.
Is Peter Liu Right For These Trumpian Times?
During the 2014 Race, and on Setember 17th 2014, Peter sent an email to a large list of people which read, as follows, like this:
To the leaders of Oakland,
Despite our differences, I want to acknowledge to you the seriousness and the dangers of terrorism activity that will happen in the Bay Area and the task the future leaders must take on to counter these activities. I was not merely a journalist for the U.S. Army, but a soldier on the battlefield who killed terrorists dressed as civilians. They would approach you like civilians at day or night to get their approximate 200 ~ 300 feet range and they will shoot at you. They will put dead animals on the road with cavities filled with home made explosives to stop convoys and remotely detonate it. They filled cars, trucks, buses with unsuspecting passengers loaded with bombs. These war photos are from the war on terrorism a decade ago. Since then, these terrorists became much more sophisticated.
These are steps that must be taken to make properly respond to terrorist activity.
1. Armed the good citizens and legal residents as granted by the 2nd Amendment. This is public safety measure. If we don’t have this, then we’ll end up like Nigerians towns being slaughtered like sheep by Boko Haram.
2. The city establish a local militia. Each police set up a neighborhood watch with 7~25 men/women. This is necessary to counter armed teams of terrorist who does drive by shootings. This would absolutely discourage violent riots as there would be up to 4,000+ men to act upon a moments notice to defend the city.
3. Surveillance at intersections of the streets to properly track vehicles engaged in terrorism or crime accessible to the public. For example, if a squad of terrorists killed people, we need to track the vehicles as it speeds to different locations in the city.
Without these measures in place. There will be no chance that the Oakland Police or Alameda Sheriff can stop a terrorist attack until the enemy runs of ammunition/explosives, then they fight with machetes. These terrorists are seeking death, they are suicidal and they will do the maximum damage they can until death.
And now, that we have Donald Trump as POTUS, and a giant discussion about the need for gun control that has brought Second Amendment defenders out of the wood-work, as well as a level of extreme right-wing activity that didn’t exist to as great a degree anywhere in 2014, I wonder how Peter’s act will play in Oakland, this time around?
One thing’s for sure: no discussion of Peter Liu will, at this point, focus on how to run the City of Oakland, and that’s sad.
All I can say to Oaklanders, particularly new ones, is buckle up!
Here’s the full Zennie62 on YouTube Peter Liu video playlist covering 2014 to this year:
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Frank Somerville Of KTVU Suspended For Gabby Petito Comments He Told Blogger Richard Lieberman September 24, 2021
- Cam Jordan on Mac Jones, Belichick’s Offense | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Sean Payton & Bill Belichick | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Coach Gruden on Final Prep for Miami and Richie Incognito’s Progress | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL September 24, 2021
- Leyton CES 2022 Challenge September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland A’s Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Jake Ellenbogen LA Rams Vlogger At Downtown Rams Interviewed By Zennie62Media’s Bill Carroll September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson – 60 Percent Of The Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Look Fake – Here’s Why September 24, 2021
- When will the Dolphins make their big push for Deshaun Watson? | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports September 24, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Solstice Art ride (Oyster Bay, Airport, Bay Farm) September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson Remains Committed to Forcing His Way out of Houston | THE ODD COUPLE September 24, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey Injury Status – Panthers Matt Rhule Gives Injury Update After Win Over Texans September 24, 2021
- Oakland A’s Dave Stewart Wants To Own Coliseum Land, But Blasts Councilmember Kaplan On Twitter September 24, 2021
- Oakland Hit With Lawsuit for Failure to Clean Up Homeless Camps September 24, 2021
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Recalling Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021