Oakland News Now – Did Oakland Mayoral Election Candidate Peter Liu violate Oakland Hate Crime Law? This vlogger says yes. For details Visit Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com and search for “Peter Liu.”
The Oakland Hate Crime Law was established as a result of race-base harassment that happened to persons of Middle Eastern decent in Oakland and in America after September 11th. Thus, the introduction to the law, written by the Oakland City Attorney’s Office under John Russo in 2001, went like this:
In the aftermath of the brutal and devastating attacks of September 11th, city leaders
vowed that Oakland—a community proud of its rich diversity—would not tolerate
discrimination, hatred or racial divisiveness. Nevertheless, since September 11th several Oakland residents have complained that they have been subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, and other forms of illegal discrimination. Their concern is that they are being targeted because they are thought to be of Middle Eastern ancestry. Many of our residents and business owners have expressed similar concern that they will be subjected to danger and discrimination as U.S. military intervention continues in Afghanistan.
In response, the Office of the City Attorney has developed a campaign to punish those
who commit hate crimes. The approach is unique: Oakland is the first city in the state to
use California civil code sections 52 and 52.1 to sue on behalf of our residents who
have been victimized by a hate crime as a violation of state and federal civil rights laws. Under these provisions, the City Attorney may obtain civil penalties of $25,000 for each incident plus attorney’s fees.
Under California law, hate crimes are acts of violence, threats or intimidation toward any
person on the basis of their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, political
affiliation, sex, sexual orientation,age, disability, position in a labor dispute, or because another person perceives them to have one or more of these characteristics.
In an August 18th 2018 tweet, Peter Liu expressed the idea that “not all” African American in Oakland were violent or prone to commit crimes, but said that enough of us were such that other Oaklanders should be “armed and vigilant.” He did not take the tweet down, and it’s referenced in this post here at Oakland News Now.
This blogger asserts that Liu has violated the Oakland Hate Crime Law, and has done so on on a consistent basis.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Live At Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas 2021 September 26, 2021