Mayor Pete Buttigieg Announces Bold Action Plan to Combat the National Threat Posed by Domestic Terror and the Gun Lobby
Pete Buttigieg’s new approach lays out bold policies supported by sustained political engagement
South Bend, IN — Today, Mayor Pete Buttigieg released a bold action plan to meet the urgent national security crisis posed by white nationalism and the gun lobby that is threatening communities across America.
The Pete Buttigieg plan not only identifies the policies that must be enacted to to stem the rising tide of gun violence, but includes the concrete action needed to build and sustain political power to put those policies in place.
“After foreign terrorist attacks, airport travelers now have to take off their shoes. After three mass shootings in a single week, Congress takes off for recess,” said Buttigieg. “The cycle of cut-and-paste condemnation and inaction must give way to a new approach of urgency and action. One that recognizes we must not only propose smart policy, but also build and sustain political power to ensure those ideas are enacted.”
The Pete Buttigieg plan outlines bold policies and political measures necessary to stop the rise of white nationalism and the pernicious influence of the NRA before a new President takes office in 2021 — because action cannot wait. These actions include:
Pete Buttigieg Policies to Stop Domestic Terrorism and Prevent Gun Violence
Invest $1 billion in preventing and combating radicalization and violent extremism:
Increase the FBI’s domestic counterterrorism field staff
Revitalize the DHS Office of Targeted Violence and its Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Task Force
Train law enforcement to address the link between gender-based violence and domestic terrorism.
Expand our ability to track hate by allowing the CDC to study links between white supremacist group and gun violence and restore federal funding to the Global Terrorism Database.
Make background checks universal and close the loopholes that allow dangerous individuals to acquire and keep guns.
Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Support red flag laws that disarm domestic abusers.
Prevent hate crime offenders from having access to guns.
Establish a nationwide gun licensing system.
Pete Buttigieg Political Action to Put Policies in Place
Mobilize the public to pressure the Senate to reconvene and immediately act on gun safety and hate.
Build the power of grassroots groups who won’t accept the status quo anymore by contributing or volunteering with gun violence prevention organizations.
End the Senate filibuster as we know it.
Empower local leaders to coordinate and take action to combat hate.
Strengthen the social fabric of our nation by creating more opportunities for national service.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership