Mayor Pete Buttigieg Announces Bold Action Plan to Combat the National Threat Posed by Domestic Terror and the Gun Lobby
Pete Buttigieg’s new approach lays out bold policies supported by sustained political engagement
South Bend, IN — Today, Mayor Pete Buttigieg released a bold action plan to meet the urgent national security crisis posed by white nationalism and the gun lobby that is threatening communities across America.
The Pete Buttigieg plan not only identifies the policies that must be enacted to to stem the rising tide of gun violence, but includes the concrete action needed to build and sustain political power to put those policies in place.
“After foreign terrorist attacks, airport travelers now have to take off their shoes. After three mass shootings in a single week, Congress takes off for recess,” said Buttigieg. “The cycle of cut-and-paste condemnation and inaction must give way to a new approach of urgency and action. One that recognizes we must not only propose smart policy, but also build and sustain political power to ensure those ideas are enacted.”
The Pete Buttigieg plan outlines bold policies and political measures necessary to stop the rise of white nationalism and the pernicious influence of the NRA before a new President takes office in 2021 — because action cannot wait. These actions include:
Pete Buttigieg Policies to Stop Domestic Terrorism and Prevent Gun Violence
Invest $1 billion in preventing and combating radicalization and violent extremism:
Increase the FBI’s domestic counterterrorism field staff
Revitalize the DHS Office of Targeted Violence and its Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Task Force
Train law enforcement to address the link between gender-based violence and domestic terrorism.
Expand our ability to track hate by allowing the CDC to study links between white supremacist group and gun violence and restore federal funding to the Global Terrorism Database.
Make background checks universal and close the loopholes that allow dangerous individuals to acquire and keep guns.
Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Support red flag laws that disarm domestic abusers.
Prevent hate crime offenders from having access to guns.
Establish a nationwide gun licensing system.
Pete Buttigieg Political Action to Put Policies in Place
Mobilize the public to pressure the Senate to reconvene and immediately act on gun safety and hate.
Build the power of grassroots groups who won’t accept the status quo anymore by contributing or volunteering with gun violence prevention organizations.
End the Senate filibuster as we know it.
Empower local leaders to coordinate and take action to combat hate.
Strengthen the social fabric of our nation by creating more opportunities for national service.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime