Mayor Pete Buttigieg Announces Bold Action Plan to Combat the National Threat Posed by Domestic Terror and the Gun Lobby
Pete Buttigieg’s new approach lays out bold policies supported by sustained political engagement
South Bend, IN — Today, Mayor Pete Buttigieg released a bold action plan to meet the urgent national security crisis posed by white nationalism and the gun lobby that is threatening communities across America.
The Pete Buttigieg plan not only identifies the policies that must be enacted to to stem the rising tide of gun violence, but includes the concrete action needed to build and sustain political power to put those policies in place.
“After foreign terrorist attacks, airport travelers now have to take off their shoes. After three mass shootings in a single week, Congress takes off for recess,” said Buttigieg. “The cycle of cut-and-paste condemnation and inaction must give way to a new approach of urgency and action. One that recognizes we must not only propose smart policy, but also build and sustain political power to ensure those ideas are enacted.”
The Pete Buttigieg plan outlines bold policies and political measures necessary to stop the rise of white nationalism and the pernicious influence of the NRA before a new President takes office in 2021 — because action cannot wait. These actions include:
Pete Buttigieg Policies to Stop Domestic Terrorism and Prevent Gun Violence
Invest $1 billion in preventing and combating radicalization and violent extremism:
Increase the FBI’s domestic counterterrorism field staff
Revitalize the DHS Office of Targeted Violence and its Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) Task Force
Train law enforcement to address the link between gender-based violence and domestic terrorism.
Expand our ability to track hate by allowing the CDC to study links between white supremacist group and gun violence and restore federal funding to the Global Terrorism Database.
Make background checks universal and close the loopholes that allow dangerous individuals to acquire and keep guns.
Ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.
Support red flag laws that disarm domestic abusers.
Prevent hate crime offenders from having access to guns.
Establish a nationwide gun licensing system.
Pete Buttigieg Political Action to Put Policies in Place
Mobilize the public to pressure the Senate to reconvene and immediately act on gun safety and hate.
Build the power of grassroots groups who won’t accept the status quo anymore by contributing or volunteering with gun violence prevention organizations.
End the Senate filibuster as we know it.
Empower local leaders to coordinate and take action to combat hate.
Strengthen the social fabric of our nation by creating more opportunities for national service.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Bills vs Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Kate Scott embraces Philly as Sixers season begins | Sixers Talk October 19, 2021
- Every Touchdown Scored In Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Bills vs. Titans Week 6 Highlights | NFL 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 4th Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 3rd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 19, 2021
- Train hauling corrosive acid derails at Port of Oakland October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 4th-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 2nd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs 3rd-Qtr | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 2nd Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- Oakland Hills Firestorm Community Comeback Film Photos with Olympus OM 2n on Kodak Gold October 18, 2021
- 🏈 LIVE| Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans – 2021 NFL Game Week 6 October 18, 2021
- Reacting to the Las Vegas Raiders’ first game without Jon Gruden | KJM October 18, 2021
- The Silver and Black Respond With Impressive Win in Denver | Raiders Gameday | NFL October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Ex Players Who Played For Gruden Speak About Jon Gruden By Eric Pangilinan October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs. Tennessee Titans HIGHLIGHTs | Week 6 NFL Sunday, October 18,2021 October 18, 2021
- 1 Otp = ₹156🔴LIVE | New Earning Apps 2021 | Free Paytm Cash Daily Earn ₹1560 |Best Earning App October 18, 2021
- Gabby Petito’s heartbroken family make desperate plea in search for justice | 60 Minutes Australia October 18, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Highlights 1st Qtr | NFL Season 2021 October 18, 2021
- “SHOW I.D. OR GET OUT!!” SAN FRANCISCO FEDERAL BUILDING FIRST AMENDMENT October 18, 2021
- NFL Trade Rumors On Odell Beckham, Von Miller, Saquon Barkley, Jimmy Garoppolo + Dak Prescott Injury October 18, 2021
- Bye Bye New England! INSANE Ending Cowboys vs. Patriots October 18, 2021
- Nation’s Top Cannabis Companies Partner to Deliver Point of Purchase Data on Cannabis Products to Consumers, Manufacturers October 18, 2021
- West Oakland Skate Park Fire October 18, 2021
- Film Study: Derek Carr was incredible for the Las Vegas Raiders Vs the Denver Broncos October 18, 2021
- 1044 Aquarius Way Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 18, 2021
- 4601 Grass Valley Rd Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 18, 2021
- 30 years since firestorm tore through Oakland hills October 18, 2021
- FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. EXCITED Las Vegas Raiders win vs. Denver Broncos, after Gruden’s resignation October 18, 2021