OUSD Superintendent Announces All Oakland Schools Will Remain Closed for Rest of 2019-20 School Year
Oakland, CA — Superintendent Kyla Johnson-Trammell is announcing that all Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) schools will remain closed for the remainder of this school year for in-person instruction. This is in alignment with the statement from Alameda County Superintendent of Schools, L. Karen Monroe that all K-12 schools in Alameda County remain closed for in-person instruction for the rest of the 2019-20 school year because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Our students and staff will continue our continuity of education plans for the remainder of the school year. We will continue to improve how we serve our students during this time.
We are working to determine the full impact of this decision, including exploring alternative plans for celebrating our 2020 graduates, promotions of all other grades, whether summer school may be offered, and the loss of instructional learning. In the meantime, we continue to finalize plans to deliver technology to our students and families to help enhance the learning students can do at home.
As soon as possible, the District will send further communications on what this means for OUSD.
Thank you for your patience as we work together to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 83 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- City Of Oakland Bilingual Citywide COVID-19 Video With Mayor Libby Schaaf, OFD, OPD
- First Unitarian Church Of Oakland: Earth — Celebrate And Save It
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds