OUSD Partners with Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation, Salesforce, and Revolution Foods to Deliver Holiday Food and Family Literacy Boxes to Students and their Families
Oakland – December 28,2020: 1800 families across OUSD will receive a special delivery on Monday, December 28, as District staff has organized home delivery of produce boxes, adult meals and a special gift of family literacy boxes.
This is part of what has been dubbed, Christmas with the Currys, as Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation co-founders Stephen and Ayesha Curry provided the family literacy boxes containing books and other items as part of their on-going support for OUSD families. Eat. Learn. Play. and Salesforce have also partnered to provide the produce boxes for each family. The adult meals are being provided by Revolution Foods with financial backing from the federal CARES Act through Alameda County.
There is no grab and go food pickup at OUSD schools during winter break, so all these items are being delivered to student homes through pre-arranged orders. The deliveries will serve the families of thousands of students, but they will not include any student meals, as three weeks worth of meals for students were distributed the week before break began. But this effort includes enough meals for adults in each family to provide support over the break.
“We’re grateful that we can continue to support our families over winter break,” said Superintendent Kyla Johnson-Trammell. “This is the most challenging winter break we have had in a very long time, especially for many in Oakland, and we are eager to deliver this food and the books to students and their families. On behalf of the District, I send our deepest appreciation to the Currys and Eat. Learn. Play., Salesforce, and Revolution Foods for this critical ongoing support.”
Since the start of the pandemic in March, OUSD has provided more than 8.1 million student meals. Media is welcome to see the meals, produce boxes and family book boxes being sent out for delivery on Monday morning.
WHAT: Winter Break Delivery of Food and Books to Student Homes
WHEN: 10:00 a.m., Monday, December 28
WHERE: OUSD Central Kitchen, 2850 West Street
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
Post based on press release from OUSD to Zennie62Media.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Skateboarders Making Pilgrimage to San Francisco’s Pier 7, Following Vandalism October 20, 2021
- NEW NBA odds released, plus MLB playoffs and NFL WEEK 6 Recap October 20, 2021
- 30 Years Later: East Bay Remembers Oakland Hills Fire October 20, 2021
- San Francisco In N Out temporarily closed over city’s proof of COVID 19 October 20, 2021
- Public Enemy – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Conv. Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Anthrax – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Primus – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Post On Facebook’s Impact On America Forgets U.S. Diversity Makes It Ripe Target For Hate Content October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Oakland PD Hates On Doja October 20, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 4 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (34 pts, 5 ast, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (33 pts, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- Stephen Curry Tallies a Triple-Double in Season Opener! | Oct. 19, 2021 October 20, 2021
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021
- San Francisco Leaders Offer Cash Rewards in Hopes of Reducing Car Break-Ins October 19, 2021