OUSD Partners with Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation, Salesforce, and Revolution Foods to Deliver Holiday Food and Family Literacy Boxes to Students and their Families
Oakland – December 28,2020: 1800 families across OUSD will receive a special delivery on Monday, December 28, as District staff has organized home delivery of produce boxes, adult meals and a special gift of family literacy boxes.
This is part of what has been dubbed, Christmas with the Currys, as Eat. Learn. Play. Foundation co-founders Stephen and Ayesha Curry provided the family literacy boxes containing books and other items as part of their on-going support for OUSD families. Eat. Learn. Play. and Salesforce have also partnered to provide the produce boxes for each family. The adult meals are being provided by Revolution Foods with financial backing from the federal CARES Act through Alameda County.
There is no grab and go food pickup at OUSD schools during winter break, so all these items are being delivered to student homes through pre-arranged orders. The deliveries will serve the families of thousands of students, but they will not include any student meals, as three weeks worth of meals for students were distributed the week before break began. But this effort includes enough meals for adults in each family to provide support over the break.
“We’re grateful that we can continue to support our families over winter break,” said Superintendent Kyla Johnson-Trammell. “This is the most challenging winter break we have had in a very long time, especially for many in Oakland, and we are eager to deliver this food and the books to students and their families. On behalf of the District, I send our deepest appreciation to the Currys and Eat. Learn. Play., Salesforce, and Revolution Foods for this critical ongoing support.”
Since the start of the pandemic in March, OUSD has provided more than 8.1 million student meals. Media is welcome to see the meals, produce boxes and family book boxes being sent out for delivery on Monday morning.
WHAT: Winter Break Delivery of Food and Books to Student Homes
WHEN: 10:00 a.m., Monday, December 28
WHERE: OUSD Central Kitchen, 2850 West Street
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
Post based on press release from OUSD to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave