OUSD & AAFE’s First Annual Kwanzaa Kuonyesha Virtual Celebration & Showcase, Honoring African Culture, Heritage and Resilience is set for Wednesday Evening
Oakland, CA – 2020 has been a year of unprecedented change and challenges, however we are grateful to be moving forward into 2021. The Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) Office Of Equity, African American Achievement and African American Female Excellence (AAFE) Program would like to cordially invite you to our 1st Annual Kwanzaa Kuonyesha Virtual Celebration & Showcase, in honor of African Culture, Heritage and Resilience.
Please join OUSD & AAFE for this powerful moment of connection and appreciation for our African American students and families. This virtual celebration will premiere on the Office of Equity’s Youtube Channel. They are excited to honor you, your families and community with an exciting and star-studded online event. Please get your FREE ticket to ensure you are reminded on the day of the event.
Sign-Up Here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/aafe-kwanzaa-kuonyesha-celebration-showcase-2020-tickets-132312250503
OUSD & AAFE say a huge thank you to their students, families, staff and supporters for helping them to make this virtual celebration a reality, despite the global challenge of COVID-19. They recognize that moments like these, although challenging, have led to innovative advancements and breakthroughs in society. It is for these reasons that they are inviting you to participate in this celebration to express gratitude and uplift one another.
They look forward to celebrating you making it through 2020, and are excited about the excellence you will achieve in 2021 and beyond! ASE!
WHAT: OUSD & AAFE’s First Annual Kwanzaa Kuonyesha Virtual Celebration & Showcase
WHEN: 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 16
WHERE: Office of Equity’s Youtube Channel
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
This post based on a press release to Zennie62Media from OUSD.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared