Steve Lowe, the developer of Old Oakland in Downtown Oakland, wrote this response to Oakland News Now creator and Zennie62Media Founder and CEO Zennie Abraham’s post on what Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf should do to get the County of Alameda to give it’s host city a necessary level of funding to cope with the homeless issue.
The Homeless = Housing Crisis is a regional issue, and oddly enough, the regional agencies have the resources to deal with it via some sort of SF Prop C measure applicable to the 101 cities in the ABAG area!
While Libby or someone on Council or in the City Administrator’s office can maybe be successful in getting more from the County to help supplement various Oakland-based programs meant to deal with homelessness, it won’t be half enough to solve the problem – or, even more importantly, spin off the regional economic forum to deal with the root causes of all this dysfunctionality.
Zennie, I know you are a great proponent of innovative governance for Oakland, but I think at this stage of Bay Area maturation, we can be far more effective in dealing with the Homeless = Housing Crisis affecting all of us everywhere throughout the region by tapping into the same kind of holistic energy that has made the Bay Area “the Strongest Regional Economy in the World.”
Why else would Marc Benioff, someone you know, come to the conclusion that this Crisis is bad for business and therefore his support for a smarter tax on the wealthiest folks in San Francisco?
We now need your amazingly recognizable and incredibly effective pal to come to the point of understanding that it ain’t SF versus the rest of the Bay Area, and that taking care of just San Franciscans ain’t the solution: instead, it’s the greater city-state we all live in, something that needs smarter and more useful adjustments here and there before we can really begin to hone in on the actual causes and their real-time solutions.
And those long-term solutions can happen almost at once with the right proponents, whereas becoming involved with a County versus Oakland power struggle may take way more time, effort and legal posturing than it’s worth?
That’s what a whole lot of us believe that Libby should best be spending her political persuasiveness on.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark