ONN – On Matt James, Rachel Kirkconnell, Michelle, The Bachelor, Race, Love, Racism, And Being Woke – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
I watched The Bachelor on ABC because Matt James was the show’s first black bachelor. But I also watched from the perspective of a 58-year-old man who’s old enough to be Matt James’ father. I feel like somewhere along the way, Matt forgot, if he ever knew, that love and thinking have little to do with each other. Love is about passion and lust and desire and heart; if you think about a relationship before its consumated, it’s dead before it starts.
In the end, it was Matt James’s approach, not being black, that hurt the show. I felt like grabbing him Godfather-style and telling him to act like a man. In other words, do not fear to take action. All of that doing the skydiving and the repelling replaced the real act of loving without condition – something Rachel Kirkconnell was willing to do.
Now, Michelle James was the woman Matt should have picked, and because she was perfect for him – but not for the reasons you think. She was older and more emotionally developed than even he was – and I think he rejected her for those reasons. She represented a call for him to be, well, a man. And, in a different way, so did Rachel. But, also, from a physical perspective, Matt showed a taste for young, white, petite, college-educated women. That stuck out, more often than not, in who he selected among a group of incredibly lovely women. Sending Bri Springs, one of the most beautiful women ever to grace television, home, was simply a wuss move on Matt’s part.
I feel sorry for Georgia’s Rachel Kirkconnell because she was not allowed to grow as a young woman. What she did in college is just that, and using what she may have done or not as some kind of character weapon on the part of unknown and unseen writers on Instagram is as immature as the people doing it. If Matt James’s loved her, all of that noise would be just that. But he still does not know who he is, and you can’t really give yourself to a woman if you don’t know who you are to give – Matt proved that.
Rachel Kirkconnell has a right to grow and to love and be loved. What happened on The Bachelor on ABC is her right to do all of that was swamped by the show’s desire to use race as an instrument for drama. As much as it seemed Matt James was good at avoiding drama, at first, his lack of inner peace, fueling his lack of direction, allowed the show itself to introduce more drama. It was beyond his emotionally weak makeup to stop. Matt has to do less crying and more determining. He has to love and act without fear. And he has to stop apologizing for being a black man – and so does the new show host Emmanuel Acho . Matt acted like he was emasculated – something I am sick and tired of seeing black men portrayed as on television. The weak TV ratings prove America does not hunger for the emasculated black man.
As I have said before, racism is a mental illness, but it is that, in two ways: it is done by sick people who can’t handle someone who’s different from them, and is especially insidious when dome by whites toward blacks; but racism also hurt the mental health of those it is done too, and by making them paranoid of the actions of others who are part of a group of people who, historically, have been racist toward them. Matt James has the latter problem, and so do I, and I admit that. The awareness of it, controls it, and has fueled my emotional growth.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- City Of Oakland Bilingual Citywide COVID-19 Video With Mayor Libby Schaaf, OFD, OPD
- First Unitarian Church Of Oakland: Earth — Celebrate And Save It
- 755 65th St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale
- Timothy Douglas, OEA Negotiator, On OEA-OUSD Oakland School Reopening Tentative Agreement Before Final
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds