That was Tanya Holland on Zennie62 YouTube / Oakland News Now at the Super Bowl LIV 2020 Culinary Kickoff Super Bowl Party with me, Zennie Abraham:
Oakland From A Distance – Tanya Holland, Oakland’s Chef, and widely regarded as one of the best in the World, will join other famed czars of the kitchen on Selena Gomez’s cooking show SELENA + CHEF on HBO Max
Tanya Holland is known for her inventive take on modern soul food, as well as comfort classics, and is the executive chef/owner of Oakland’s Brown Sugar Kitchen. Ms. Holland is also the author of the Brown Sugar Kitchen Cookbook and New Soul Cooking; was the host and soul food expert on the television series Melting Pot; and competed on the fifteenth season of Top Chef. Holland holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia, and a Grande Diplôme from La Varenne Ecole de Cuisine.
HBO Max announced today that the Selena Gomez cooking show, SELENA + CHEF will premiere on the streamer Thursday, August 13 th. The series is executive produced by Gomez for July Moon Productions, along with executive producers Eli Holzman, Aaron Saidman, and Leah Hariton on behalf of Industrial Media’s The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC). The unscripted 10-episode cooking series features the multi-platinum selling recording artist, actress, producer, entrepreneur, and philanthropist as she navigates unfamiliar territory: making delicious meals while stuck at home in quarantine.
The world-renowned chefs featured during the season includes Angelo Sosa, Antonia Lofaso, Candice Kumai, Daniel Holzman, Jon & Vinny, Ludo Lefebvre, Nancy Silverton, Nyesha Arrington, Roy Choi, and Tanya Holland “Having some of the best chefs open up their kitchens to me was a humbling and fun experience. I definitely discovered I have a lot more to learn. I’m also really happy that we were able to highlight and raise money for some incredible charitable organizations,” said Gomez.
“Watching Selena with these incredible chefs has been a delicious joy,” said Sarah Aubrey, Head of Original Content, HBO Max. “You don’t need to be an experienced chef yourself to enjoy the show; you learn with her and get to see all the fun that happens in the kitchen. Try not to watch it while hungry!”
Since social distancing at home, Selena has been spending more time in the kitchen than she ever imagined. But despite her many talents, it remains to be seen if cooking is one of them. In each episode of this unapologetically authentic cookalong, Selena, with the support of her Quaranteam, will be joined remotely by a different master chef. Together, they’ll tackle cuisines of every variety, share invaluable tips and tricks, and deal with everything from smoking ovens to missing ingredients. Each episode will highlight a food-related charity, and this casual, funny, and informative series will embrace both the struggle and the joy of learning to cook — while inviting audiences to follow along at home.
Selena Gomez began making the transition from young actress to adulthood with such films as Harmony Korine’s “Spring Breakers.” She appeared in the Academy Award nominated film “The Big Short” opposite Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling as well as “Fundamentals of Caring” alongside Paul Rudd.
Most recently, Selena Gomez starred in Jim Jarmusch’s film “The Dead Don’t Die” opposite Bill Murray and Adam Driver. Gomez has added executive producer to her list of credits serving as an executive producer of the hit Netflix original series “13 Reasons Why.” Most recently, she executive produced the critically acclaimed Netflix docu-series “Living Undocumented” which created much buzz and discussion regarding the polarizing issue of undocumented people living in the United States. Selena also executive produced the upcoming feature film “The Broken Heart Gallery.”
Earlier this year, Gomez released her critically acclaimed album RARE which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 her third consecutive studio album to debut atop the chart. The first single, “Lose You To Love Me,” gave Gomez her first No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. As a solo artist Gomez has accumulated over 22 billion global streams. Next up, Selena will launch her highly anticipated Rare Beauty cosmetics line exclusively at Sephora. The mission behind the brand it to embrace one’s own uniqueness and build a community of support around a healthy self-image.
This project marks the second collaboration between IPC’s Holzman and Saidman and Gomez following the last year’s groundbreaking, six-part docuseries Living Undocumented, which the three executive produced and Saidman also co-directed. Holzman and Saidman also lead IPC’s parent company, Industrial Media, an independent production group with ownership interest in IPC, Sharp Entertainment, 19 Entertainment, and B17 Entertainment which is currently producing Craftopia hosted by YouTube star LaurDIY for HBO Max.
Gomez is represented by WME, Lighthouse Management + Media, Ziffren Brittenham LLP.
About HBO Max
HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s direct-to-consumer offering, which debuted May 27, 2020. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max offers powerhouse programming for everyone in the home, bringing together HBO, a robust slate of new original series, key third-party licensed programs and movies, and fan favorites from WarnerMedia’s rich library including motion picture and TV series from Warner Bros., highlights from New Line, and catalog titles from DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes and more. Website: HBOMax.com About WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T). About The Intellectual Property Corporation
Industrial Media’s The Intellectual Property Corporation (IPC) is an Emmy-winning IP creation and production studio based in Van Nuys, California. Founded in 2016, IPC develops and produces a wide range of television, film, documentary, and interactive mobile content. The company has series in production or development with a wide range of US broadcast, cable networks, and streamers. In 2017, the company was awarded an Emmy and in 2018 a Producers Guild Award for its series Leah Remini: Scientology & the Aftermath which was nominated for another Emmy in 2019. IPC was acquired by Industrial Media in 2018.
This post based on a press release by Intellectual Property Corporation to Zennie62Media, Inc.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Tim Syzmanski October 28, 2021
- Atlanta Falcons LIVE postgame press conferences | Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons October 28, 2021
- Saints-Bucs Week 8 | Fantasy Keys to the Crown October 28, 2021
- Jordan Mailata Discusses “Lack of Execution” vs. Raiders & More | Eagles Press Conference October 28, 2021
- How one military mom mobilized thousands of volunteers to bring sense of hope to Afghan refugees October 28, 2021
- Michigan farm helps formerly incarcerated Americans grow vegetables and opportunity October 28, 2021
- Does Apple’s new privacy changes show it has too much power? October 28, 2021
- President Biden to announce new social spending package framework October 28, 2021
- Alok Sharma says he hopes that COP26 will show that the UK ‘delivered when it mattered’ October 28, 2021
- Keyshawn on J.J. Watt’s latest injury: ‘J.J. has not played a full season since winning DPOY!’ | KJM October 28, 2021
- Kyle Shanahan: Trey Lance Will Return to Practice Ahead of Week 8 | 49ers October 28, 2021
- Governor Larry Hogan on vaccinating kids and President Biden’s infrastructure deal October 28, 2021
- Newest hockey arena focuses on climate awareness October 28, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Best Bets: Spreads, Player Props & O/U Picks (+11.59U on the year!) October 28, 2021
- Merck ready to deploy Covid-19 antiviral pill upon FDA approval, CEO says October 28, 2021
- Rep. Jeffries: It’s My Understanding All Senate Dems Will Support Framework October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Latest news, breaking stories and analysis on October 28 | CBSN October 28, 2021
- Man Awarded $10M In Reverse Discrimination Case, Claims Fired For Being ‘White’ October 28, 2021
- Chelsea v Reading | Premier League U18 | Live Match October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Market Coverage: Thursday October 28 Yahoo Finance October 28, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE | Director behind first-ever movie filmed in space speaks to RT October 28, 2021
- This Morning’s Top Headlines – October 28 | Morning News NOW October 28, 2021
- Why Calvin Ridley is the best route running receiver in the NFL | Atlanta Falcons October 28, 2021
- Rescue dogs dress up in iconic scary movie costumes l GMA October 28, 2021
- FULL MATCH – Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton – WWE Title Hell in a Cell Match: WWE Hell in a Cell 2020 October 28, 2021
- Mario Party Superstars Review October 28, 2021
- She was fired over speaking up on Covid-19. Now, she’s coming for Matt Gaetz’s job October 28, 2021
- Mario Party Superstars – N64 vs. Switch Graphics Comparison October 28, 2021
- Player speaks after report finds Chicago Blackhawks took “no action” for weeks on sex assault cla… October 28, 2021
- Small SUVs only do so-so in revamped side crash test October 28, 2021
- 2016 Chevrolet Impala Limited Atlanta, Griffin, McDonough, Fayetteville, Thomaston, GA NT26687B October 28, 2021
- Comcast’s Q3 earnings beat Wall Street’s expectations October 28, 2021
- UFC 267: Fight Week Focus – Ep. 1 | Jan Blachowicz & Khamzat Chimaev October 28, 2021
- Migrant Caravan: Thousands In Mexico Moving Towards U.S. Border October 28, 2021
- dreamy Chicken Carbonara Recipe taken from @FoodNetwork October 28, 2021
- Biden To Detail Framework He Thinks Can Pass House, Senate: WaPo Reporter October 28, 2021
- Early morning fire causes evacuations at senior apartments on Eastern October 28, 2021
- Could the Great Barrier Reef lose its world heritage status? – BBC News October 28, 2021
- “Unite the Right” rally organizers on trial for deadly riot in 2017 October 28, 2021
- Santa Fe County sheriff says lead projectile recovered from set of Alec Baldwin film October 28, 2021