Oakland, CA – In order to address two challenges facing Oakland Zoo during the COVID-19 closure, a new subscription-based live-streaming and interactive service will now be offered to provide the public a way to connect with animals and staff on while also bringing in much-needed revenue to the Zoo.
The new platform / service titled “Behind the Scenes Live” allows subscribers sign up today, with the first live-streaming broadcast premiering on April 2.
The live broadcasts will be at 2:30pm (PST) every weekday and feature a host interviewing a variety of animal keepers and veterinary hospital staff with different animals. The interactive component allows subscribers to direct message questions during the broadcast and in real-time, so they can be answered immediately. The service is priced at $14.95 per month, with Zoo members receiving the first 30-days free followed by a $9.95 discounted monthly fee.
“Being closed to the public pushed us to think about how we could offer people a new way to connect with us in an impactful and unique way – while helping the Zoo survive without admissions revenue. Going behind the scenes and including the interactive component for subscribers to submit questions in real time gives people something that goes even beyond a normal Zoo visit,” Dr. Joel Parrott, President & CEO.
Without the admission revenue that makes up for 80% of its operating budget, the Zoo hopes that the revenue from the new subscription service will also help offset layoffs and reduced work hours for staff, of which first rounds began today, on April 1.
Note: post based on press release from Oakland Zoo!
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser
- Ricky Schroder Video Of Himself Harassing Costco Employee Over Face Mask Rule Goes Viral
- Resurrection Oakland Church Service For May 16, 2021 10 AM
- The Next Steph Curry Is Practicing Jump Shots From Downtown Right Now
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims