Oakland Unified School District OUSD Highlights Numerous Major Facilities Projects and Thanks Voters for Approving Measure J Which Funded the Projects
Oakland – Over the past month, OUSD has been showing off facilities projects that came to fruition largely because of the support of Oakland voters. Measure J enabled the District to totally rebuild the Glenview Elementary School campus, create a new high school building at Madison Park Academy, rebuild much of the Fremont High School campus and add an academic building, and build a new Central Kitchen that will create tens of thousands of meals a day and provide educational opportunities for students across Oakland.
In each case, the District held a news conference to show the community the features of the new facilities. (One is set for later this week at the Central Kitchen.) Staff from KDOL, the District’s TV station, did a video about each project sharing messages from the speakers including architects and contractors, city leaders, teachers, principals, the OUSD Superintendent and the Board of Education. Numerous speakers at each school thanked the voters for passing Measure J and enabling the completion of the projects.
Below are three KDOL videos that, in order, highlight the rebuilt Glenview Elementary campus, the new Madison Park Academy high school building, and the Fremont High School project.
About the Oakland Unified School District
In California’s most diverse city, Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) is dedicated to creating a learning environment where “Every Student Thrives!” More than half of our students speak a non-English language at home. And each of our 81 schools is staffed with talented individuals uniting around a common set of values: Students First, Equity, Excellence, Integrity, Cultural Responsiveness and Joy. We are committed to preparing all students for college, career and community success.
To learn more about OUSD’s Full Service Community District focused on academic achievement while serving the whole child in safe schools, please visit OUSD.org and follow us @OUSDnews.
Post based on press release from OUSD to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Scott and Jon Analyze NEW Bucs 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI