Morgan Bach, Zennie62 vlogger and Oakland Adams Point – Lake Merritt resident, is in Gaza, and posted this livestream video-blog three hours ago, today. “This is Morgan and I’m here with Susannah and friends, and we’re here to express our support and solidarity with the people of Gaza, who have been marching for the Right Of Return” for the last month and a half – and they’re still marching. Over a hundred people have been shot and skilled and hundreds more injured and diabled. So we’re here to travel around Palestine and bring some awareness to the issues that Palestinians are facing here. So we came all the way here to the boarder of Gaza. Here, behind me, you can see this watchtower and the trenches that surround the Gaza Strip. So, we are going to leave now, because there are some soldiers approaching. Follow us at #SumoGaza for updates.” As a note, The Right Of Return March started March 30th of this year.
This is not Morgan’s first trip to Palestine. Over the course of our three years of friendship, she has traveled there three times, and has been there many time before that period of time.
The “Susannah” Morgan refers to is her friend Susannah Nachenberg, also from Oakland. Morgan and Susannah made their first trip to Gaza in 2013, with Interfaith Peace Builders which is now called “Eyewitness To Palestine.” (As a note, Ms. Bach is Christian; Ms. Nachenberg is Jewish.) This is their YouTube video that was a 2013 trip fundraising request:
The American Friends Service Committee explains “ Right Of Return” this way:
Approximately 750,000 Palestinians were displaced and became refugees as a result of the 1948 war which led to the founding of Israel. None of these displaced persons were ever allowed to return to the homes or communities from which they were displaced and the Palestinian refugee population has continued to grow in the time that has passed since 1948. Today there are more than 7 million Palestinian refugees scattered around the world. The reality of Palestinian forced displacement is at the core of the Palestinian experience and the Palestinian refugee issue is at the heart of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict.
Palestinians and supporters contend that “right of return” is a basic tenant of international law. Visit the American Friends Service Committee (click here) website on Palestinian Fefugees and The Right Of Return for more information.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Zennie62 YouTube Gets Live Shout Out From Steven Campbell On Not Leaving Las Vegas Channel
- 🔴 Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream
- Las Vegas Live on a Friday – The Positive Vibes Livestream By Steven Campbell
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL