Oakland,CA – Oakland says move over National Football League, here comes the Indoor Football League.
Oakland’s losing the Raiders to Las Vegas, but that doesn’t mean it’s not going to see pro football. According to Scott McKibben, the Executive Director of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority, Roy Choi, owner of the Indoor Football League’s Cedar Rapids River Kings, plans to bring an expansion Indoor Football League franchise to Oakland.
In fact, McKibben, fresh from successfully negotiating a giant rent increase out of the Oakland Raiders, just told me he’s hosting Roy Choi at next Wednesday’s Golden State Warriors NBA Playoffs Game.
But who’s Roy Choi?
Roy Choi is listed as Co-Founder and General Partner of Los Angeles-based entertainment and gaming investment firm Knighted Ventures, as well as CEO of KCM Agency, a multi-cultural advertising and marketing firm. Last year, Choi became owner of the Cedar Rapids Titans, now called the Cedar Rapids River Kings Indoor Football League franchise.
On June 19th, 2018, Mr. Choi was named buyer of the seven-year old Indoor Football League (IFL) franchise in Cedar Rapids. “The new ownership group is committed to keeping the franchise in Cedar Rapids and has signed a league affiliation agreement with the Indoor Football League for the 2019 season,” reported the press release.
“The league is pleased to welcome Roy and his ownership group to the IFL family,” stated IFL Commissioner Michael Allshouse. “We are excited to open the book to a new chapter in the great history of the Titans franchise.” The press release reported that “Choi and his ownership group intend to hire a complete office staff and announce organizational plans, including season ticket information for the 2019 season.”
Later last year, Choi re-branded the team as the Cedar Rapids River Kings after a “name-the-team” contest, with the new name announced August 17, 2018.
What Will Roy Choi Call The Oakland Indoor Football League Franchise?
The question is, what will Roy Choi call the Oakland Indoor Football League franchise that will play at Oracle Arena? The real question is, what should Roy Choi call the Oakland Indoor Football League franchise? Let’s start that talk now.
I am going for a name that’s rich in Oakland’s sports history: The Oakland Invaders.
As a note, I’ve reached out to Mr. Choi, and will inform you when after I’ve connected with him.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2