Oakland,CA – Oakland says move over National Football League, here comes the Indoor Football League.
Oakland’s losing the Raiders to Las Vegas, but that doesn’t mean it’s not going to see pro football. According to Scott McKibben, the Executive Director of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority, Roy Choi, owner of the Indoor Football League’s Cedar Rapids River Kings, plans to bring an expansion Indoor Football League franchise to Oakland.
In fact, McKibben, fresh from successfully negotiating a giant rent increase out of the Oakland Raiders, just told me he’s hosting Roy Choi at next Wednesday’s Golden State Warriors NBA Playoffs Game.
But who’s Roy Choi?
Roy Choi is listed as Co-Founder and General Partner of Los Angeles-based entertainment and gaming investment firm Knighted Ventures, as well as CEO of KCM Agency, a multi-cultural advertising and marketing firm. Last year, Choi became owner of the Cedar Rapids Titans, now called the Cedar Rapids River Kings Indoor Football League franchise.
On June 19th, 2018, Mr. Choi was named buyer of the seven-year old Indoor Football League (IFL) franchise in Cedar Rapids. “The new ownership group is committed to keeping the franchise in Cedar Rapids and has signed a league affiliation agreement with the Indoor Football League for the 2019 season,” reported the press release.
“The league is pleased to welcome Roy and his ownership group to the IFL family,” stated IFL Commissioner Michael Allshouse. “We are excited to open the book to a new chapter in the great history of the Titans franchise.” The press release reported that “Choi and his ownership group intend to hire a complete office staff and announce organizational plans, including season ticket information for the 2019 season.”
Later last year, Choi re-branded the team as the Cedar Rapids River Kings after a “name-the-team” contest, with the new name announced August 17, 2018.
What Will Roy Choi Call The Oakland Indoor Football League Franchise?
The question is, what will Roy Choi call the Oakland Indoor Football League franchise that will play at Oracle Arena? The real question is, what should Roy Choi call the Oakland Indoor Football League franchise? Let’s start that talk now.
I am going for a name that’s rich in Oakland’s sports history: The Oakland Invaders.
As a note, I’ve reached out to Mr. Choi, and will inform you when after I’ve connected with him.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video
- Loki Episode 2 : Response To Zennie Of Zennie62 By Joseph Armendariz
- President Biden Meeting Russian President Putin Is Our American Expression Of Democracy
- Juneteenth Is A National Holiday – My Complex Relationship With Juneteenth
- Review Of Marvel Studios Loki Episode 2 Review By Joseph Armendariz – Is Loki Evil?
- Loki Episode 2 : Did We See A Spiderman Logo Easter Egg By:Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Episode 2: Reaction And Commentary By Joseph Armendariz
- World Elder Abuse Awareness: Oakland Must Prioritize Getting Homeless Elderly Into Homes
- Kevin Durant Saves The Brooklyn Nets Season In Game Five Against The Bucks, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Homeless Encampment Believed To Be Cause Of Fire In Irwindale CA By Joseph Armendariz
- Derek Carr Is A Good Example Of What Being A Raider Means – By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Josh Jacob’s Derek Carr Mini Camp Press Conference My Take Joseph Armendariz
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore Because Of Cancel Culture -By Eric Pangilinan
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore
- What Will Be The Raiders Keys To Having A Winning Season: By Eric pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Oakland A’s Presentation To Alameda County With City of Oakland
- Charles Barkley Slams Cancel Culture – By Eric Pangilinan