Oakland Teachers Strike Update February 26th, 2019
The Oakland Education Association posted a video of its press conference livestream held 14 hours ago and on the third working day of the Oakland Teachers Strike. The OEA wrote “On day three we were strong, joyful, loud and proud. We held our lines and showed our bargaining team support by marching to the state building and making some noise! Tomorrow — stronger picket lines, louder and bigger rallies. Let’s win this. #OUSDstrike”
Oakland Unified School District’s Proposal Summary
This is the summary of the OUSD Proposal that was presented on February 21st. OUSD claims its coming more in line with what OEA wants, but the Oakland Education Association has walked away from the negotiating table, as of Sunday. OUSD says “OUSD’s updated proposal either meets or exceeds the recommendations provided by the Fact-finding report. The District presented creative solutions to addressing all issues including compensation, class size, evaluations, caseloads, and hours of work.”
– Compensation: The District has now offered a 8.5% raise (7% ongoing raise and 1.5% one-time bonus). This is a higher offer than the neutral Fact-finding report suggests.
– Class size reduction: The District’s proposal on class size includes a reduction of 1 student for all schools and 2 students in schools with a high concentration of our most vulnerable students.
– Evaluation: The District is proud of its homegrown evaluation rubric and teaching standards called The Oakland Effective Teaching Framework. We are proposing to incorporate this framework developed by Oakland teachers and principals in the new contract with OEA after an extensive pilot using the framework.
– Caseloads: Overall, the District is proposing to memorialize current legal or customary standards in our teaching contract. To go beyond these standard caseloads would be an unrealistic goal at this time, as certain positions like speech and language pathologist and school nurse are hard to fill statewide. There is a split decision in the Fact-finding report related to caseloads.
– Hours of work: We are proposing more flexibility in scheduling hours of work for teachers – which will be key in creating cost efficient transportation routes. We can potentially save up to $2.5 million annually and we are proposing to invest these savings in our teachers. The Fact-finding report agrees with the District’s proposal on this item.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: A Gift To Oakland And Its People – By Kevin M. Corbett
- Another Djokovic Vs Nadal Classic At 2021 French Open Nearly Marred By Curfew, But Loop-Hole Found
- Fayetteville Georgia Weather: Thunderstorm High Winds At 3:22 PM EST Friday June 11th
- Ayodele Nzinga: City Of Oakland Announces Inaugural Poet Laureate
- Oakland Black NFL Football Group Coliseum Stadium Proposal On July 20th City Council Agenda
- Nate Miley Alameda County Supervisor Holds Statewide Illegal Dumping Conference April 21, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum A’s Game Security Worker YouTube Vlog Shows Typical Day
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan For Zennie62
- Have You Ever Watched The Mars Live Webcam On YouTube? If Not You’re Missing The Future Now
- WATCH: Mars Cam Views from NASA Rover during Red Planet Exploration #Mars2020
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan
- Major League Baseball Doesn’t Care About Cheating In Sticky-Substance Controversy – Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Could Josh Jacob’s Be A Hold Out At Mini Camp – By Joseph Armendariz
- Kevin Durant Misses Three That Would Have Put Nets Vs Bucks Game 3 Into Overtime