Oakland – The popular Scott’s Seafood Jack London Square Restaurant as well as the giant Lettuce Entertain You restaurant company, issued these “Coronavirus Policy Update” yesterday. Here’s the one I received from Scott’s Seafood Jack London Square:
As we all continue to monitor the developments of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 we wanted to let you know that the team at Scott’s Seafood Grill and Bar has had refresher counseling on disease prevention and is following the employer guidelines issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). As well as our standard protocols of handwashing and adhering to hygiene regulations, we are providing additional hand sanitizers throughout our restaurants. We also employ a 24×7 janitorial crew to ensure the ongoing cleanliness of our restaurants.
Per the recommendations of OSHA, the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO), we are taking preventative measures with our employees, including but not limited to having them stay home and seek medical advice from their health professional if they exhibit any flu-like symptoms, fever or have difficulty breathing. Furthermore, if an employee has traveled to a CDC defined, “Level-3” region, they will not be working at our restaurants for 14-days and we encourage them to self-quarantine, per the CDC’s guidelines.
For more information about the coronavirus, please visit the CDC and WHO sites listed below:
Scott’s Seafood Oakland
Now, here the one I was emailed from Lettuce Entertain You:
At Lettuce Entertain You, we are in the business of hospitality and it is always our top priority to provide everyone the best possible care in our restaurants, as well as to ensure the health and safety of our guests, employees and our community.
In our 49 years of business, Lettuce has continuously upheld top industry standards when it comes to the cleanliness and sanitation practices in our restaurants. We want to take this opportunity to let you know of the policies and procedures we are putting in place surrounding COVID-19/Coronavirus.
What we’re doing:
Closely monitoring the advice and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Educating our employees on preventative measures provided by the CDC.
Increasing the frequency and extent of our cleaning practices, such as additional wipe downs of all hard surfaces including the kitchen, bathrooms, bars, and dining rooms.
Providing additional resources that are available to guests and employees including hand sanitizers, extra soap and paper towels in the restrooms.
Implementing heightened sanitation and hand-washing procedures for all employees.
Discouraging all personal contact within our restaurants, including shaking hands.
What we encourage guests to do:
Wash your hands frequently and use a paper towel to dry.
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Stay home when you are sick.
Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue.
Please know that we have a dedicated and experienced senior partner whose sole responsibility every day is to make sure that we are always following best practices as it pertains to guest safety and restaurant cleanliness. We will continue to work around the clock to ensure our teams are going above and beyond in keeping our restaurants safe for all.
Thank you for your patience and trust in Lettuce Entertain You. Our goal is to ensure you remain confident in dining with us during these challenging circumstances and know that your health is a priority in everything that we do.
We are confident that our restaurants are safe and will continue to operate as normal.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you & stay healthy,
R.J. Melman, President, and Kevin Brown, CEO
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!