ONN – Oakland Robbery And Assault On Wayne Ave Near Lake Merritt, Suspect At Large
This was reported on Nextdoor. Here’s the entry, with the author’s name withheld.
A young woman was robbed and viciously assaulted tonight about 10:30pm in front of 230 Wayne Avenue. A young man jumped her while she was walking along the sidewalk, heading to her home nearby. It seems he was waiting near the garage door at Park Plaza Apartments.
I was walking my dog across the street and ran over when I heard the struggle. The victim was on the ground and trying to discourage the robber by saying, “It’s not even an iPhone!” I somehow imagined that if I stood by them and screamed loudly the attacker would run off. But no, he continued attacking the woman. When she refused to give up her backpack, he beat, kicked, and even bit her. I kept yelling.
Soon a few neighbors gathered, and then a car that was double-parked down the street backed up toward us. I thought it might be someone trying to help, but a young woman got out and joined the attack. By then a circle of witnessed had formed. The two jumped back into the car with the victim’s credit cards, but they failed to get her backpack.
Neighbors called police, who arrived within minutes. An ambulance came soon after. The incredibly brave and tough victim received several injuries, but remained calm, and was able to talk with police and medics. I and other witnesses gave details to police. When I left the scene, a team was helping the victim, interviewing her and treating and documenting her injuries. Her spouse had arrived as well.
I want to thank Wayne Ave. folks who came out when they heard me screaming. This is a wonderful community. I’m so sorry that one of our neighbors experienced this terrible ordeal. I hope she heals quickly and gets lots of support after this trauma (and some justice!). Let’s keep looking out for each other.
Description of person involved – Hair: dark, Top: dark hoodie, Bottom: dark, maybe jeans, Shoes: didn’t see, Age: early 20’s, Build: slim about 5’8″, Race: African American, Sex: male
Description of vehicle involved – Color: Red, Make: Honda, Model: Accord (?), Year: Newer, Type: car, License plate: 8NDZ986, Other details: Strip lights on the back.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K