Fiscal Realities for Local Government
From YouTube Channel: September 21, 2020 at 09:11AM
ONN – Oakland Raiders vs San Diego Chargers: Former NFL Host City Mayors Talk Local Government Fiscal Realities
Not sure how this came about, but its notable because Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf and San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer both tried to keep the Oakland Raiders and the San Diego Chargers in their NFL Host Cities. Oakland has an active lawsuit against the now Las Vegas Raiders and the NFL; San Diego sat out of any legal action.
Here are Zennie62Media videos from NFL Headquarters in New York, featuring both mayors, in November of 2015:
And then NFL Executive Vice President for Business Affairs Eric Grubman’s press conference on the meeting with the mayors:
For the current video talk, PPIC wrote:
Local governments have been hit especially hard by the pandemic shutdown and resulting economic instability. How are they setting priorities among competing needs? How can they partner with state and federal governments to chart a path forward? Mark Baldassare talks with Oakland mayor Libby Schaaf and San Diego mayor Kevin Faulconer about how their cities are faring and what we can learn from the current crisis.
As part of our Speaker Series on California’s Future, PPIC invites elected leaders from across the political spectrum to participate in public conversations. The purpose is to give Californians a better understanding of how our leaders are addressing the challenges facing our state.
PPIC is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization. PPIC does not take or support positions on any ballot measure or on any local, state, or federal legislation, nor does it support, endorse, or oppose any political parties or candidates for public office.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status
- City of Oakland’s Hazard Risk Ranking Story Map Tool
- 5 Minute Story: My Lucky Day
- Oakland Education Association: Black Lives Matter In School
- Oakland Education Association: Placement Of Air Purifiers In Classrooms
- Glide Memorial Church 21.04.11 Sunday Celebration – 9 AM
- TFH Oakland Church Online 04.11.21
- Oakland Roots Preseason Friendly Against Tacoma Defiance
- Oakland Roots Preseason Friendly Against San Jose Earthquakes
- Oakland Athletics Series Highlights vs Diamondbacks (4/12 – 4/13)
- Oakland Apartment For Rent 433 Adams Street, Adams Point
- Mass Casualty Shooting At Indianapolis FedEx Facility | NBC News
- A Message From President Ces Butner About The Oakland Rotary Endowment Campaign
- Thursday in Las Vegas Livestream Weekly Strip Update By Steven Campbell
- Crazy car ran over random people during car show in San Francisco, Mission street (March 27, 2021)
- Oakland Celebrates The Wonderful Life of Dorothy King At Everett & Jones BBQ Funeral
- Bike Transportation And The Oakland A’s Ballpark, A Video Discussion