The Oakland Raiders are without a lease to play NFL Football games at the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Stadium as of Friday night September 21st This news after the Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority met the morning of this same Friday September 21, and did not signal they reached an agreement with the Raiders on an extended lease. If you did not see the full stream of the meeting, here it is:
Zennie62Media Vlogger Richard Haick said to this blogger that he was told to expect something to “get done” in the form of a lease with the Raiders by the Ocotober Coliseum JPA Board Meeting. That next date of a Coliseum JPA Board meeting would mark just over one year of talks about a lease extension without getting one done.
After the National Football League Owners voted 31 to the lone “no vote” by Miami Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross on March 26th 2017 to allow the Raiders to pursue what has been called a “conditional relocation” to Las Vegas (‘conditional” because it contains so many financial risks to the Raiders it could fall apart like a house of cards). After the vote, a number of Oakland and Alameda County Officials wanted the Raiders to be immediately evicted from the Coliseum – as did the vast majority of Raider Nation. But time passed, and cooler heads prevailed, and talks of a lease extension started in July of last year.
Then, just as it looked like a lease might get drafted, the threat of a lawsuit by the Coliseum JPA started to look like a reality when New York lawyers James W. Quinn (Jim Quinn) and Eric Hochstadt flew out for a fan-driven press conference. The energy for a lawsuit that was built up by Oakland Raiders fan groups Forever Oakland and We Stand With Oakland, and Save Oakland Sports, was eventually halted by the Coliseum JPA Board toward the end of the year, and becausee it elected to punt on the idea of actually moving forward on suing the Raiders.
Then, in January, the Coliseum JPA, now with the legendary Ignacio De La Fuente on its board, took another go at a lease with the Raiders. That initial effort sparked a game of chicken (with the threat of a lawsuit versus the lease extension held up that saw its last stop at 1220 Harbor Bay Parkway, before winding up back at the office of the Coliseum JPA as of last week.
And with the game of chicken still very active.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021
- Supervisor Damon Connolly Marin County Expresses Support For The LGBTQ Community September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly wishes CMCM a Happy 10th Anniversary! September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor On Priced Out Podcast September 19, 2021
- SoFi Stadium Tour in Los Angeles: Home of the Rams and Chargers September 19, 2021
- 1783 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607-1435 September 19, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 18, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 19, 2021
- What’s New In iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro By iJustine September 19, 2021
- Breaking Vegas News – Las Vegas Raiders Ticket Prices Crash – Vaccine Rules to Blame? September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Promote Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Zennie62 NFL 2021 Season Game Predictions For Week 2 – Livestream Show September 18, 2021
- Neighborhood Tours in Fayetteville GA off Goza Rd September 18, 2021
- 384 Bellevue Ave Home For Sale In Adams Point, Lake Merritt, Oakland September 18, 2021
- Inspiration4 Dragon Side Hatch Open, Crew Comes Out After Splashdown September 18, 2021