Oakland Raiders Lose To Tenn Titans 42-21, Gave Up 116 Points In 3 Games, Las Vegas Stadium Update
The Oakland Raiders losses have gotten worse each week from the defensive standpoint. Against the Tennessee Titans the Raiders of Oakland gave up 552 yards of total offense to the visitors.
Think about that. The Raiders Titans loss featured a 391 yard passing day from the quarterback and a 103 yard day from just one of the three running backs. The defense should not have bothered coming to the Oakland Coliseum.
The good news for the Oakland Raiders Defense is that many Oakland Raiders fans of the “I see QB play, therefore he must call his own plays” variety are completely obsessed with the idea that Derek Carr is the root of all evil explaining the Raiders 2019 season.
Earth calling Raiders Fans who are pissed with Carr: he doesn’t play on defense, OK?
The Oakland Raiders problems are fixable, but they come down to three words: attention to detail.
When I look at Raiders video, I constantly see a team that doesn’t seem to choreograph its offensive line blocking. So, all too often of late, one lineman will block one way and at complete opposite purposes to the other. Want proof? Look at the first play for the Raiders Offense against the New York Jets from the coaches view.
And when it’s not the sync issue, there’s the design problem. There are college offenses that have better and more innovative run blocking schemes and approaches than what the Raiders showed this season. Look, overall, the run game design was better than the 4-12 Raiders of 2018. But it wasn’t light years better.
Having a rookie NFL Draft 1st Round running back named Josh Jacobs did help, but I contend the Alabama Crimson Tide Star could be closer to 2,000 yards than the 1,061 yards he amassed before the shoulder injury that should have never happened to him. But it did because the Raiders insisted on making the space-eating running back take the inside pounding of a runner who’s larger. That was Raiders Head Coach John Gruden’s major mistake. I wish John would drop the toughness crap and replace it with an analytical approach; the late Dallas Cowboys Coach Tom Landry would have never employed Jacobs the way Gruden did.
Josh Jacobs Should Be In A Swoosh Offensive System
Josh Jacobs would fare better if Jon Gruden would reintroduce the use of runs from split backs formations, but incorporate a quarterback bootleg. Coach Gruden had the right idea when he installed the counter-off-tackle play that Marshawn Lynch ran 60 yards to paydirt to open the 2018 NFL Preseason for the Silver and Black against the LA Rams. The overall ‘go one way, run the other, false point of attack is in vogue in the NFL in the form of the read-option. But many don’t seem to realize it’s possible to incorporate that run action in an offense where the quarterback’s not a runner.
That said, Derek Carr can run, and presenting him as a run threat on running plays for Josh Jacobs would have gained more yards for Jacobs, and kept him out of the hospital, too.
Paul Gunther May Be Gone But Jon Gruden Needs To Carefully Consider What Defense He Wants Before Changing Coaches
I’m not a fan of firing coaches without a plan for the next coach. In the NFL, that tends to be done way too much, and Carolina Panthers Owner David Tepper’s going to realize it’s easier to run a hedge fund firm than an NFL team with his “angels and devils on my shoulder” approach to personnel matters. Same with Jon Gruden if he fires his defensive coordinator.
The question should not be one of what coach, but what scheme. No more of this anti-intellectual, drinking-game-level talk about how to fix the Raiders Defense. It’s time for thinking caps. This is, after all, the 21st Century.
I’m firmly convince the spread offense must be destroyed, and before it makes otherwise sound defensive coordinators afraid to coach. The only way to achieve that objective is to smash and crush and pinch the offensive line. Right now, defenses are changing to meet the spread offense in its field by asking players to play back and off the line of scrimmage. In my view, that’s just asking for a pulling guard to knock out my linebackers and defensive backs.
No way that’s happening.
The right defense must be a controlled, pinched, threat to strike from anywhere. The best way to beat the spread is to get to the quarterback as fast as possible. I have a full plan, so stay tuned.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The New Orleans Gave QB Jameis Winston An Awful Offensive Game Plan – Here’s Why September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Has Been The Difference This Year Compared To Last Year By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021