The Oakland Raiders Coliseum Lease Extension to 2020 is almost finished.
The Oakland Raiders are one big step to playing more NFL football games at the Oakland Coliseum beyond this 2018 NFL Season. This morning, a special meeting of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum was held, and specifically to go over the months-in-the-making extension to the current lease at the sports stadium.
Right now, the Oakland Raiders are paying $3.5 million to the Coliseum JPA, and that’s an increase over the $925,000 paid by the Silver and Black in 2016. According to many conversations this blogger had with a number of people both on and associated with the Oakland Coliseum JPA, the initial versions of the lease extension were described to me as “draconian.”
Those expensive lease plans were borne of a desire by some Coliseum JPA Board Members to “punish” the Raiders for not just the Las Vegas Relocation itself, but for the many documented examples of the NFL team working behind the collective back of the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda. In one case, it was said that if the Raiders stayed to 2020, the rent would be $10 million. Another account had the rent schedule roughly doubling each year, from $3.5 millon in 2018 to $11 million by 2020.
Then, over the last month, Coliseum JPA Board members pointed to former Oakland City Councilmember Ignacio De La Fuente as wanting to give the Raiders a more reasonable deal. From the contact I had today, it looks like De La Fuente’s approach may have prevailed.
The next step is for the Coliseum JPA Executive Director Scott McKibben to send the lease proposal to Oakland Raiders President Mark Badain. Provided Mr. Badain and Raiders Owner Mark Davis agree with the new lease, it will be signed at the July meeting of the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority.
Stay tuned for updates and subscribe to Zennie62 On YouTube for my livestream show.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime