The Oakland Raiders Coliseum Lease Extension to 2020 is almost finished.
The Oakland Raiders are one big step to playing more NFL football games at the Oakland Coliseum beyond this 2018 NFL Season. This morning, a special meeting of the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum was held, and specifically to go over the months-in-the-making extension to the current lease at the sports stadium.
Right now, the Oakland Raiders are paying $3.5 million to the Coliseum JPA, and that’s an increase over the $925,000 paid by the Silver and Black in 2016. According to many conversations this blogger had with a number of people both on and associated with the Oakland Coliseum JPA, the initial versions of the lease extension were described to me as “draconian.”
Those expensive lease plans were borne of a desire by some Coliseum JPA Board Members to “punish” the Raiders for not just the Las Vegas Relocation itself, but for the many documented examples of the NFL team working behind the collective back of the City of Oakland and the County of Alameda. In one case, it was said that if the Raiders stayed to 2020, the rent would be $10 million. Another account had the rent schedule roughly doubling each year, from $3.5 millon in 2018 to $11 million by 2020.
Then, over the last month, Coliseum JPA Board members pointed to former Oakland City Councilmember Ignacio De La Fuente as wanting to give the Raiders a more reasonable deal. From the contact I had today, it looks like De La Fuente’s approach may have prevailed.
The next step is for the Coliseum JPA Executive Director Scott McKibben to send the lease proposal to Oakland Raiders President Mark Badain. Provided Mr. Badain and Raiders Owner Mark Davis agree with the new lease, it will be signed at the July meeting of the Coliseum Joint Powers Authority.
Stay tuned for updates and subscribe to Zennie62 On YouTube for my livestream show.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA