Las Vegas – The Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium has a new problem on top of sponsorship issues and stadium hotel tax revenue problems: an issue that caused the removal of one of the roof truss segments – 26 in all and 130,000 lbs, each – that are being installed ahead of a self-imposed July 31st deadline had to be removed on June 12th, and to this day, June 15th, it has still not been replaced.
This is a major development setback for the new NFL Stadium, and is related to another Las Vegas Stadium construction process that’s also now pushed back: the installation of 850-foot long cables that are to fix the 26 roof trusses in place and support the translucent ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) roof.
On top of that, Las Vegas Monsoon 2019 is said to be coming, today, Saturday. If it does, that expected flash flood will add up to yet another rain-delay this year to push back the Las Vegas Stadium construction schedule, meaning a stoppage in the process to fix the roof truss problem, which is a delay in itself.
This news comes courtesy of this video posted today by Las Vegas YouTube vlogger Richard “JediRich” Lightower, and with “Jedi Joy” Lightower as the reporter in the video-blog. Note, to be clear, JediRich broke the story of the delay, not Zennie62Media – this space is simply reporting what they have found, and at the same time releasing the news to a wider audience.
Once again, JediRich has broken a Las Vegas Stadium construction story the mainstream media in Las Vegas missed. Here’s the video:
RAIDERS STADIUM SPECIAL REPORT: After reviewing the footage, a truss that was in place on Wednesday, had been taken down Thurs. As of right now (Sat), it’s still down @VitalVegas @RickVelotta @KimNews3LV @TheRealOJ32 @orko_manna
— JEDIRICH™️ (@JediLightowler) June 15, 2019
And this is what the vlogger couple wrote in the Las Vegas Stadium YouTube video’s description area:
When reviewing the footage, we saw that the engineers decided to take this truss down. They took the truss down because it was not fitting properly in place. It was either an issue with the truss or the roof fixture. This is a big deal, because it takes a lot of manpower and days to fasten these trusses. Then it takes hours to a full day to lift it and secure them in place.
Every big mistake can cause a delay to the opening date. It’s super important for the crew to stay on schedule. This set back hopefully will not be too detrimental. We will keep you posted on that in the days to come.
In these photos, the Engineers are discussing the problem Wednesday morning. They had lifted it on Wednesday. Then today, it was back on the ground. This is not a good thing for the crew being that they are on such a tight schedule already. It is also very frustrating for them I’m sure when things just do not go right.
As of Friday morning, the truss was on the ground. The bolts were not fitting right. It was a big deal, because they got it almost set and then had to bring it back down. This causes a lot of people wasted time for the crew.
They are expecting to lift the truss this weekend hopefully Saturday as long as they do not experience any more hiccups along the way. The crew is all about safety. They must have deemed this truss not safe, so they brought it down. This crew goes above and beyond and always make safety paramount.
Let’s hope they stay on course for the opening in 2020. Many more mishaps like this and it could be cutting it too close for comfort.
A New Las Vegas Stadium Construction Delay Problem Now
Now, the roof truss problem brings a certain construction delay that’s lasted about four days, already, and counting.
At the last Las Vegas Stadium Authority Meeting, the projected end date of construction that was mid-September of 2020 (and identified by this vlogger), was then crazily adjusted forward to August 16th, 2020.
As I’ve said before, they should focus on building the Oakland Raiders new NFL Stadium home in Las Vegas right, and stop stressing about creating fake news deadlines. It’s very obvious this is a complicated construction job that needs more time that the Raiders believed or initially understood.
Stay tuned – read our coverage of the Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021
- Supervisor Damon Connolly Marin County Expresses Support For The LGBTQ Community September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly wishes CMCM a Happy 10th Anniversary! September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor On Priced Out Podcast September 19, 2021
- SoFi Stadium Tour in Los Angeles: Home of the Rams and Chargers September 19, 2021
- 1783 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607-1435 September 19, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 18, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 19, 2021
- What’s New In iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro By iJustine September 19, 2021
- Breaking Vegas News – Las Vegas Raiders Ticket Prices Crash – Vaccine Rules to Blame? September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Promote Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Zennie62 NFL 2021 Season Game Predictions For Week 2 – Livestream Show September 18, 2021
- Neighborhood Tours in Fayetteville GA off Goza Rd September 18, 2021
- 384 Bellevue Ave Home For Sale In Adams Point, Lake Merritt, Oakland September 18, 2021
- Inspiration4 Dragon Side Hatch Open, Crew Comes Out After Splashdown September 18, 2021