ONN – Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium 44 Percent Done, Projects To April 11, 2021 Opening
Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium 44 Percent Done, Projects To April 11, 2021 Opening
Earlier today, the Las Vegas Review-Journal issued one of its Oakland Raiders’ Las Vegas Stadium puff-pieces that includes a number they always fail to crunch. In this case, the number was “44”, as in “44 percent”, or the news that Las Vegas Stadium was 44 percent finished.
Well, that begs the question, doesn’t it? You know. The question of when, what date, will Las Vegas Stadium be finished? That one. So, this vlogger used a little simple math to figure that out.
First, we start with determining how many days of a total number of days that comes to 100 percent, does 44 percent account for? Second, we get the day of the groundbreaking: November 13th, 2017, as our first day. Third, we get the current day, which is May 15th, 2019. Fourth, we get the total number of days between November 13th, 2017 and May 15th, 2019, which is 548 days. Fifth, we take 548 days, and divide that by 44 percent, which gets us 1,245 days. Sixth, we take 1,245, and project that forward from November 13th, 2017 – a number of online tools can do that for us, so we get April 11, 2021.
So, there’s the projected date of the completely finished stadium: April 11, 2021. That is vastly different from the current official opening date of sometime in August of 2020, and it’s far back from what the Mortenson schedule currently points to as of March 21st, 2020: mid-September 2020.
It’s a number that may alarm some, but that’s what the projection math points to. What can change this? Well, on Twitter Rick Velotta explained that he expected the work pace to speed up because once the roof was finished, there would be more workers inside on the stadium project. But that’s the problem: Las Vegas has experienced so many rain days this year, more than in any year in its history, that one would be forgiven if construction timelines were thrown off, a lot.
But, for some reason, there’s this continued effort to make it look like Las Vegas Stadium is going to open in time for the 2020 NFL Season, when signs point to that not happening with each passing month. Each time that happens, there’s a work-stoppage and the effort to install the roof trusses (there’s 52 of them) is halted.
The Las Vegas Sun says there’s going to be more rain Thursday evening, and that’s tomorrow. This does appear to be Las Vegas’ new normal – there’s no indication this wild rainy year will stop. And with that, comes a Las Vegas Stadium workstoppage – one that was not planned.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass